Author Topic: Has anyone dealt with CCA or EOS CCA before?  (Read 76803 times)

jazbob

• Valued Member
Has anyone dealt with CCA or EOS CCA before?
« on: March 21, 2010 09:13:10 AM »
I have been getting phone calls from a collection agency.  I do not answer the phone, as usually I am at work when they call.  The message sound like this:

"Hello, this call is for * (bastardization of my name).  If you are not (bastardization of my name) then please hang up.  This message is intended only for (bastardization of my name).  If this is not (bastardization of my name) then please call 877-528-3499 to remove your number from our system.  If you are (bastardizationof my name) please continue to hold.  There will now be a three second pause.  (3 second pause).  This message is from EOCCA (that's what it sounds like) and this in an attempt to collect a debt.  Any information used from this call will be used for that purpose.  Please call us at 877-528-3499 immediately regarding an important business matter.  Thank you."

Ok, upon further review, this company is actually called EOS/CCA and they collect for AT&T and Verizon.  I have never had a defaulted account with EITHER of those companies.  I have submitted a DV request and I am waiting to her back from them.  I know that they will either not be able to provide verification or they will fake it.  Either way, I got em.  They are not reporting on my credit report, but Verizon IS.  I have sent off a verification request to Verizon a couple of weeks ago.  Like I previously said, there is NO WAY they can verify.  I have never had an account with them.

Stay tuned...

-jaz
He that sells upon Credit, expects to lose 5 per Cent. by bad Debts; therefore he charges, on all he sells upon Credit, an Advance that shall make up that Deficiency.
- Benjamin Franklin

dls7406

• Valued Member
  • Bernie Madoff with all the money.
Re: Has anyone dealt with CCA or EOS CCA before?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010 09:44:34 AM »
Hey Jaz, Welcome to DB!!

First read the Foti case. There are several problems with that message, and if pursued properly they should reult in a check for you. The ACA "kind of" reccomends this language, but even they say it is open to lawsuit/ liability, and what you wrote doesn't even jibe with what they have "kind of" reccomended.

Here are slam dunk problems:

If their message gets to the right person it is a violation because there is no mii miranda.

If their message gets to the right person it violates because they fail to properly identify themselves.

If their message gets to someone other than the proper party third party disclosure has taken place. It is not proper to put it upon the listener to hang up. Thats like handing a kid a loaded weapon and saying "don't touch the trigger", they have to do more than that since they can't leave their compliance and your right to privacy in the hands of unknown persons with unknown intentions and motivations.

If this was a cell, you have a TCPA violation.

law310

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010 05:46:40 PM »
I am receiving the same calls and very new to this.  What would be the next course of action?  They are referencing EOCCA, leaving a phone number and case number.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Was getting these very regularly about three months back and then stopped.  Just received one today, first in a long time but very annoying.

itsmeagain

• Valued Member
  • No Fear
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010 10:25:34 AM »
law310, just send them a letter stating that you dispute the debt and asking for verification (a DV letter).  Include a statement that calls to any number at any time are inconvenient.

Then, pick up a cheap recorder and start counting the violations.  The first is worth $500.  Subsequent calls are worth $1500 each.  All money to YOU!

BTW, federal law states that the SOL for telephone bills is 2 years.

demo07

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010 11:14:25 PM »
For the layman out there.... what are we really talking about?  I get from this post that they are in some violation of some law based on not identifying themselves correctly?  That is what they can be sued for?

TallGirl

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010 04:41:58 AM »
law310, just send them a letter stating that you dispute the debt and asking for verification (a DV letter).  Include a statement that calls to any number at any time are inconvenient.

Then, pick up a cheap recorder and start counting the violations.  The first is worth $500.  Subsequent calls are worth $1500 each.  All money to YOU!

BTW, federal law states that the SOL for telephone bills is 2 years.

Oh yeah, I posted the CEO's email address yesterday. Dealing with them right now on something they claim is from 2000! Never even had an AT&T cell. As if.....been with Sprint since June 1998. Sent my VoD today. Stay tuned.

geoaimnet

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012 01:28:37 PM »
These guys play games with the address so you have a hard time sending them certified mail. Here is a updated address as of 5/22/12. They list a wrong address on your credit report so be carefull.

EOS CCA
300 Canal View Blvd #130
Rochester, NY 14623

scubamate

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012 01:40:27 PM »
These guys play games with the address so you have a hard time sending them certified mail. Here is a updated address as of 5/22/12. They list a wrong address on your credit report so be carefull.

EOS CCA
300 Canal View Blvd #130
Rochester, NY 14623

Wouldn't that be another violation by giving false or misleading information?
I'm not a lawyer or collector..I just enjoy the company here.

JDBStick

• Valued Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012 07:56:14 PM »
Only if you can prove it.
I am not a lawyer, but I did once ask to see the briefs of a really attractive paralegal.

AXXEL

• Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012 08:48:43 PM »
Record everything.  They lie and make alot of threats.

It seems they have several addresses.  I was actually given a PO box in MA, but, online they have a different address.  I sent my letters to both.

Ask them on the phone for their address and also look under payment mailing address on their website.

arnanda

• Valued Member
  • Take it or leave it.
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012 06:22:20 AM »
Sorry, just saw this post, below:

First read the Foti case. There are several problems with that message, and if pursued properly they should reult in a check for you. The ACA "kind of" reccomends this language, but even they say it is open to lawsuit/ liability, and what you wrote doesn't even jibe with what they have "kind of" reccomended.

From the ACA information I have they recommended a message quoted above from the OP or no voicemail at all. 

Here are slam dunk problems:

If their message gets to the right person it is a violation because there is no mii miranda.

The above VM complied with that -- MM stated.

If their message gets to the right person it violates because they fail to properly identify themselves.

The above VM complied with that -- company name and toll-free phone number given.

If their message gets to someone other than the proper party third party disclosure has taken place. It is not proper to put it upon the listener to hang up. Thats like handing a kid a loaded weapon and saying "don't touch the trigger", they have to do more than that since they can't leave their compliance and your right to privacy in the hands of unknown persons with unknown intentions and motivations.

Possibly.  However, in this situation VM was delivered to correct person. The above version of FOTI gave option to call back to have number removed and stated a 3 second pause. 

If this was a cell, you have a TCPA violation.

If cell was given to OC, and/or if permission was given to use dialing system and/or manual dialed call was made, then no violation. 

@geoaimnet: You don't need a physical address to send CMMRR, it can be sent to a post office box.  They get the cards to pick it up just like a regular address.

@scubamate: If they try to lie about their address (for example: giving a fake address), then yes it could be a violation.

@AXXEL: If the CA has several office locations, then it possible to have different addresses. 
TUN - 791/850 (05-28-2014). EQU - 816/850 (01-19-2014). EXP - 796/850 (06-03-2014).
Abbreviations 1st Thread
Abbreviations 2nd Thread
Smurfy's Ease of Use

eveco

• Valued Member
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012 10:55:42 PM »
I'm trying to deal with them (EOS/CCA ) and they're being extremely unhelpful.

Can anybody send me their email so I can try to deal with them over email please. I was in Iraq when this account was suppose to be closed, which it was never properly closed (AT&Ts mistake).

Can anybody help me.

Thanks!

AXXEL

• Valued Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012 11:25:15 PM »
I'm trying to deal with them (EOS/CCA ) and they're being extremely unhelpful.

Can anybody send me their email so I can try to deal with them over email please. I was in Iraq when this account was suppose to be closed, which it was never properly closed (AT&Ts mistake).

Can anybody help me.

Thanks!

I have an email from the compliance department, which handles settlements.  I can pm it if you like.

Do you have any violations on them?  I'd be surprised if you don't. 

What is approximate balance?

Houwdw

• Valued Member
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012 03:37:00 AM »
Im new here. I found the board through a google search. Eos cca just showed up on my credit report today and i called them. I owe over $2000 for an att account from 2009. I need help! Please!!!!!

jim.summers

• Valued Member
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013 01:34:14 AM »
In my mail today was a letter from EOS CCA that was addressed to my former sister-in-law - from more than 10 years ago. She has never lived in this house and has never lived with me. I haven't opened it because it's not addressed to me and because I don't care about her business.  Other than "returning to sender" do I have any recourse in getting my address removed and dis-asssociated from her name?