Author Topic: Mann Bracken lawsuit discovery, now new counsel  (Read 2030 times)

sleeplessfl

• Valued Member
Mann Bracken lawsuit discovery, now new counsel
« on: January 31, 2010 06:46:34 PM »
I have being sued by Mann Bracken in May 2009 for an amount I don't owe to Discover Bank.

I already have posted at this time : "Mann Bracken summons".

I have finally sent discovery on October 6, 2009 to Discover Bank, counsel Mann Bracken, Boca Raton.

They received my Interrogatories, requests for admissions and requests for production on October 9, 2009 they denied part of it.

They responded to most of it on November 13, 2009 :

. "objection for being outside the scope of this litigation and not the responsibility of the plaintiff to respond to the request and therefore denied"

They answered the requests for production,

"will be provided when received"

but most of it

" objection as overbroad, unduly burdensome, made only with the intent to harass and raise the cost of litigation, with any changes provided to Defendant as they have been made, and apparently defendant has in his position and is referencing to it in his request. Without waiving the objections, the credit agreement and billing statements will be provided when received".

My question was:
" any and all amendments to the agreement referenced in Plaintiff's complaint for the account that is in dispute that state any changes to the terms of the original agreement, credit limit or amount financed, schedule of interest rate (s) and calculation thereof, late fees, grace period, terms of repayment, right to arbitration.

Now I received a collection letter from Erskine & Fleischer, dated January 23, 2010 for the same debt.

Yesterday I received copies of statements, they look different from the copies, I remember, from Erskine & Fleisher submitted to the court, undersigned as the new counsel.

The first statement is stamped : received July 2009. This means that somebody must have had these statements since this time and didn't deliver it to the court.

1. Can I deny the admission of these copies of statements in court?

I gave them 30 days to produce. Now it's more than 100 days.

I don't owe the amount which they say I owe. They applied more than $10,000 dollars bogus charges to my account. 1000s of $s for payment protector.

They even applied the payment protector, charges around $200 per month, when they already had closed the account.

I told Discover that I was in a hardship because my company had a contract with the government and was not paid.

They should have allowed me to use the payment protector, what they didn't.

The Discover payment protector includes  debt suspension and debt cancellation benefits.

Instead of giving me the opportunity, the debt collectors called me and harassed me and my family.

2. Do Erskine & Fleisher have the right to take over this ongoing litigation?

They didn't produce a credit card agreement, credit application, bearing my signature, nor the card agreement which would  give me the right to arbitration.

This means they had more than 100 days time to produce and they didn't.

I have to file some motions tomorrow. I really want to end this.

The judge shouldn't allow the copies of statements as evidence. I would like to file a motion to compel.

Can anybody help me please.

Thank you.

Does anybody have an idea if these kind of debts are normally sold or assigned?

Admin6572

• Administrator
Re: Mann Bracken lawsuit discovery, now new counsel
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010 08:58:15 PM »
(BUMP)

ladygarner

• Valued Member
  • Please consider donating to keep DB alive and well
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010 11:21:10 PM »
As a new student, I cannot help you with the intricate nature of this. However, what bit of knowledge I do have is this.......you, my friend, were right in the middle of the Mann Bracken collapse. When you sent Discovery Oct '09 and they responded Nov .09 they were, at that moment, in a state of collapse -- Bankruptcy (poetic). They shut down 24 offices Nationwide. Google Mann Bracken and research. From my research I have learned they changed to liquidation which would allow them to re-assign cases which appears to be the case in your particular situation. For one caught in the middle, like yourself, I am not sure where it goes from here. I leave that advice to the many more knowledgeable people in this forum, than myself, with these issues.

Mann Bracken committed many violations, but with them now in the state they are in - approaching them may be a moot point. It would help others give advice if they knew dates (as in Statue of Limitations for your State, and DOFD in a CRA report). Mann Bracken was notorious for filing on debts right at SOL.

Best of luck to you in your battle.
Thanks to all that helped me go from :-[ to :karate: 

Newcomers -- please start here:
The Flyingifr Method of Aggressive Credit Repair

Abbreviations

ladygarner

• Valued Member
  • Please consider donating to keep DB alive and well
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010 11:42:57 PM »
In reference to your final question, my understanding is that these type of debts are sold and "assigned" on a massive level......
Thanks to all that helped me go from :-[ to :karate: 

Newcomers -- please start here:
The Flyingifr Method of Aggressive Credit Repair

Abbreviations

sleeplessfl

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013 07:41:00 PM »
Thank you very much. This case is still ongoing and I am fighting back :)