Author Topic: Creditboards  (Read 2840 times)

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Thank you Sears, NCO, AA and the rest for my toy
Creditboards
« on: March 05, 2006 11:26:23 PM »
Creditboards is one of the Grand-daddies of the Consumer credit genre. It probably has more history, more hits, more posts and more members than the rest of us combined. While it is not as litigation minded as Debtorboards is, there are a LOT of good threads that should be required reading. Given the recent brou-ha-ha over links that some  CB members brought here, and their claim that permission must be granted to quote or link to a thread, I am reluctant to link to the most valuable threads over there.

Nevertheless, the value of Creditboards cannot be overstated. Here's a link to them.

http://www.creditboards.com/mambo/
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Morality of Debt? No one ever went to the Nether Regions for not paying a debt.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

technolady

• Valued Member
Re: Creditboards
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012 02:40:14 PM »
For what it's worth I went to Creditboards yesterday with a question regarding the student loan database. Within an hour I got a reply back from someone named Lynn with 6000K posts who billed herself as a "student loan expert". 

This "expert" did not understand the difference between the Natonal Student Loan Database and a private commercial credit reporting agency , claimed to not know that the Federal Student Aid agency had an ombudsman's office and in general gave me -poor all around bad information that did not relate to a government agency at all and then had the ultimate incompetence to state that I was "very confused" (grrrr).  Lynn told me there was nothing that I could do and I was out of luck in correct ingmy credit report which was strange since I never even mentioned my credit report (because the loan was so old it doesn;t even show up there)  as I was only concerned about the Federal Student Loan database.

When I corrected this "expert" as to the differences involved in a Federal agency and a private credit credit reporting agency I got a snippy reply back from the "Admin" of the site telling me that Lynn was an expert and that if I did not want an answer (apparently even a very incorrect answer) then I should not have asked.

Based on this exchange I can not recommend Creditboards.com and suggest that anyone going there take the info with a BIG grain of salt, especially since the Admn there currently favors at least one highly unreliable and unknowledgeable source.

Admin0619

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012 03:10:55 PM »
While it's disheartening to have such a negative experience, we must remind everyone that it is our policy to NOT encourage inter-board 'trash talk'.

If this thread is to continue past this point, this policy must be observed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

cprems

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012 06:20:14 PM »
I highly recommend that board for newbies who are NOT currently getting sued.

The board is very savvy and is a very good source for those who are not as litigious minded as found on here.

However, If you get sued - DB needs to be on TOP of your bookmarks.

CB is for those you are nervous about pulling the trigger

DB is all about hammering those who tread on our consumer rights. DB is also the board that not only accepts arbitration but strongly advocates it. CB, not so much.

I like both boards. I tend to gravitate towards this one though. And yes, I am a member of both!
ALL my postings have NO legal value.

I AM the "village idiot" please hold my posts to this standard.

If you need legal Counsel - contact an Attorney.

kdog

• Suspended
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012 06:54:43 PM »
I am collecting the ammunition so that I can become well armed in future arbitration battles.

It is not about if pulling the trigger, but when. No need to be nervous. That is why I am here.

kevinmanheim

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012 07:22:05 PM »
I think it would be a mistake for anyone dealing with debt issues to ignore CB or this forum.

Both contain valuable information.

Both contain errors.

More often than not, you can find the correct answer on one or the other.

topherba2012

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012 07:34:15 PM »
Credit Boards is a great website, however they do have some very stuck up snobby posts on there.  One person wrote about cash being subprime and complained because some place would not take their credit card.  Credit Cards cost money.  They went on to state that the fees that merchants pay the credit card companies are just the cost of doing business.  To some extent I agree... but I see no reason to accept credit cards and give the greedy banks even more money. 

Credit is great to an extent, but cash will always be king.

technolady

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012 07:40:26 PM »
While it's disheartening to have such a negative experience, we must remind everyone that it is our policy to NOT encourage inter-board 'trash talk'.

My apologies if I have violated board etiquette.  :(

I just had an unusually gruff response from someone who completely misunderstood my question and was then supported by a site admin (very unlike the response that I got here to the exact same wording).  Perhaps they were having a bad day.