Author Topic: Why would EQ start an investigation?  (Read 797 times)

i_hate_LVNV

• Legal Drug Dealer
  • Valued Member
Why would EQ start an investigation?
« on: February 02, 2006 04:16:35 AM »
I'm still waiting on my "free" credit reports from EQ and TU.  Why do they make it so hard to get the report? I am supposed to get 2 free per calendar year.  I have the free online ones but I wanted hard copies to use in court if necessary. The CRA's say people in GA get 2 free reports per year but not online. You see the same ones you originally got free. So you have to get the other free copy via mail.  Anyways, I wrote EQ b/c the online report did not have the DOFD on any of my accounts. Again, I wanted something written from them to use in court. I get a letter today saying they started the dispute?! The letter I sent explicitly stated it was not a dispute and just wanted the obsolescene date and DOFD on said accounts since it was not listed on my report. They are supposed to have both bits of information.  Also, they sent 2 diff letters dated the same day. In one letter EQ stated they wanted more info for identity purposes and the other letter wanted more info on accounts from West Asset, NCO, and Oxford Collection. I'm looking at the ones from my online report and they aren't even listed. I've never even heard of them. WTF is going on? Why is it so hard to get copies of my CR? I'm tired of going through "free" channel for my reports. I'm just going to  pay for them. I think that's why they make it so hard to get the free copies. It shouldn't take this long to get copies from the 3 CRAs.

i_hate_LVNV

• Legal Drug Dealer
  • Valued Member
Re: Why would EQ start an investigation?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006 03:24:38 AM »
Well just a small update on posted situation. I called EQ CS and spoke to a very nice girl. She spent time going through each of my questionable accounts.  I asked her about the letter I received about the 3 accounts I've NEVER heard of.  She said those companies are not even listed on my report. So, why did EQ even mention those accounts in the letter? She doesn't know.Now I'm even more .  She offered to send out a free report of what she is exactly seeing so I can use it in court if necessary. That was nice of her..lol. She said the accounts I mentioned in my letter to them are listed in dispute, which is something I did not want as of yet b/c who knows what the JDB's will pull next. What a crappy day. >:(

i_hate_LVNV

• Legal Drug Dealer
  • Valued Member
Re: Why would EQ start an investigation?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006 03:56:52 AM »
I don't know why I keep updating this post..lol. The 2 letters I received after I asked for info seem odd to me. I got my hard copy of EQ today and it lists the ones I mentioned under investigation, which is something I didn't want b/c now I'm sure I'll start to get dunned. The one letter that states it can't release the results of their investigation until I verify my ID lists  a different address than the letter asking me to verify accounts I've never heard of.  The accounts I've never heard of aren't even listed in this todays report.  I don't know if I should respond to either of the letters since I never requested a dispute just info that was omitted from the free online report. I'm .