The Players > Credit Reporting Agencies (including Chexsystems)

I'm confused about my response from EQ

(1/1)

i_hate_LVNV:
I sent the 3 CRA's a request for the obsolescence and DOFD dates since some of the CRs didn't have listed as they are supposed to.  I requested the info so I could try and verify the proer SOLC.  EQ pointed out something I didn't see on my report.  The alleged debt I'm having issues with is listed as PAYS AS AGREED. Hence, they couldn't give me a obsc or DOFD date.  But in my CR the JDB listed the same account (with the usual variation) as Collection Account.  So the CA is trying to collect on an account the OC is reporting as current?  I'm confused. So the OC didn't report the status after the JDB bought the alleged debt? If I ask the OC to correct the status I'm screwing myself but as least I have the DOFD date..lol. But if I don't I can state LVNV is collecting on an account that is current according to the OC and EQ? The DOLA is 03/2000.  Any comments? Is this to my advantage?

Rottweiler:
So, the DOLA is almost six years ago? If so  the DOFD, if you never caught up, may very well put this thing out-of-SOLC, if it wasn't so in the first place. And, at least close to the SOLR.

If you are attacking the TLs:  It is not unusual for an account that was really a charge-off to report as "Pays as Agreed" after the account was sold.  It is  also possible, BTW, that the OC's TL has not been updated. When was it updated last? How does it read?  If the account was sold, the balance should be zeroed-out, and the comment read "Transferred or Sold".  Since the account was in default when it was sold, the TL really should read something like "Charged-off/Written-off".  I would hold off on disputing the OC's TL, simply because it IS a positive TL if all it says is "Pays as Agreed" (with or without "Transferred or Sold", since current accounts are also sold).

Since, it appears, the account was sold after default/charge-off, then asking them to verify the information may get this thing deleted.  Also, yes...TLs are not updated after an account is sold, since the OC no longer has the right to report; the TL becomes historical.

However, deal with LVNV first.  If they bought it in default, which is their wont, calling it a "Collection Account" is actually correct.  That's what it is.  If the account never went to collections--then that is wrong.  And, LVNV definetly lies like a rug in the rest of the TL, so dispute that stuff, too.

As for your thought about challenging LVNV on their point that they are trying to collect on a "current" account?  You may have something there.  I'd think of trying that, especially if I could show that the TLs were inaccurate (to put it mildly).

i_hate_LVNV:
On EQ pulled(12-9-05) the OCs TL the current status is :Pays as Agreed. EQ seperates the open accounts, positive, and etc. This account is listed under the Open and Account in good standing. It shows no lates, no DOFD. It shows my balance as 0. The DOLA is 3/2000 and the date reported is 4/2000, which means the OC never updated the TL for almost 6 years. Thus EQ couldn't give me a DOFD. Actually, I even called them today to see what they would say and they said there is no DOFD on record for the OCs account since it is "current". The comments box has nothing in it. She asked me if I wanted to dispute and yelled NO!. The JDB is reporting as such:

Current account:collection account
Type of account:open
lmit:0
Date opened:n/a
Balance:3,xxx
Date reported:10/2005
Date of last payment:09/2005
Actual last payment:0
scheduled last payment:0
Date of last activity:0
DOFD:blank
months reviewed 27
And at the bottom where it shows the 81 month payment history its all blank. Wouldn't it show a payment somewhere since they are saying I made a payment?
Now, the JDBs TL states a payment on 9/2005 but they don't show howmuch I allegedly paid in the actual payment field and the DOLA is n/a?The response from EQ didn't answer the DOFD for the JDBs TL. Thats the other reason I called. The girl said it's listed as 4/2002 and the DOLA is 4/2002. Which again goes against their theory I made a payment in 9/2005. I may have to send another request so I can have that in writing but his waiting is killing me.

EXP(pulled (1-6-06) doesn't even list the OC's TL for this account, which I find odd, but lists the JDBs TL for this account. It reads:

Date opened:06/2003
type:installment
reported since:6/2003
terms:1 month
high balance:n/a
date of status:7/2003
monthly payment:0
last reported:12/2005
recent payment:0?!! but they claim I made a payment.

Why is it so darn hard to get the DOFD. I don't trust what the JDB TL has listed. This is driving me nuts. On my EQ, I did notice the JDB's Att did a hard pull in 4/2005 which leads me to believe the SOLC was near that date. I think I'm losing my mind.I can't believe TU takes this long to send a CR. It seems to me it is almost impossible for me to get the DOFD to determine the proper SOLC date. Any suggestions?

Rottweiler:

--- Quote from: i_hate_LVNV on January 21, 2006   04:00:50 AM ---On EQ pulled(12-9-05) the OCs TL the current status is :Pays as Agreed. EQ seperates the open accounts, positive, and etc. This account is listed under the Open and Account in good standing. It shows no lates, no DOFD. It shows my balance as 0. The DOLA is 3/2000 and the date reported is 4/2000, which means the OC never updated the TL for almost 6 years. Thus EQ couldn't give me a DOFD. Actually, I even called them today to see what they would say and they said there is no DOFD on record for the OCs account since it is "current". The comments box has nothing in it. She asked me if I wanted to dispute and yelled NO!.
--- End quote ---

Indeed, leave the OC's TL alone! There would be no DOFD on a current, never late account.  It's just "dormant". Your problem is with the JDB:

--- Quote ---The JDB is reporting as such:

Current account:collection account
Type of account:open  Wrong!  Collection account here.
lmit:0
Date opened:n/a
Balance:3,xxx
Date reported:10/2005
Date of last payment:09/2005  This is a new trick of theirs:  Re-aging by making it look as if you reaffirmed the debt by payment.  You definetly have not done this.
Actual last payment:0
scheduled last payment:0
Date of last activity:0
DOFD:blank[/color=red]  And, the "Date of Last Payment HAS to be wrong, since there would be SOME dollar amount there if there were one.  Usually, they fake it when they use that trick.[/color]
months reviewed 27
And at the bottom where it shows the 81 month payment history its all blank. Wouldn't it show a payment somewhere since they are saying I made a payment?  It certainly should.

Now, the JDBs TL states a payment on 9/2005 but they don't show howmuch I allegedly paid in the actual payment field and the DOLA is n/a?The response from EQ didn't answer the DOFD for the JDBs TL. Thats the other reason I called. The girl said it's listed as 4/2002 and the DOLA is 4/2002. Which again goes against their theory I made a payment in 9/2005. I may have to send another request so I can have that in writing but his waiting is killing me.   They are trying to improve their position--and the collectablilty of the account--by doing this.  Otherwise, they have a good chance of having an out-of-SOL account,  which would require that they actually prove it is still actionable in court, should they sue and you fight back.

EXP(pulled (1-6-06) doesn't even list the OC's TL for this account, which I find odd, but lists the JDBs TL for this account. It reads:

Date opened:06/2003
type:installment  Sorry, not an "installment account" either.
reported since:6/2003
terms:1 month
high balance:n/a
date of status:7/2003  Wrong!  "Date of Status" normally means that, for our purposes, the account has charged-off.  There is NO WAY an account can charge off the month after someone acquires it.  And, JDBs cannot charge anything off, anyway; that happens at the OC, and only can happen once.
monthly payment:0
last reported:12/2005
recent payment:0?!! but they claim I made a payment.   Yes, they have goofed!  Hasn't it been said that it's easier to tell the truth than a lie because you don't have to remember as much??  ;D  )

Why is it so darn hard to get the DOFD. I don't trust what the JDB TL has listed.   They aren't even close! This is driving me nuts. On my EQ, I did notice the JDB's Att did a hard pull in 4/2005 which leads me to believe the SOLC was near that date. I think I'm losing my mind.I can't believe TU takes this long to send a CR.   Typical for TU.  They do things on their own time. It seems to me it is almost impossible for me to get the DOFD to determine the proper SOLC date. Any suggestions?

--- End quote ---

First of all, only EQ has the DOFD to begin with, if that applies.  As for the other CRAs?  Don't report it, ever, although they are required to.  So, you have to approximate it;  with TU you'd go by the "fall off" date.  If it's close, you'd argue the debt is OOS anyway, and let THEM prove it, should you need to. 

i_hate_LVNV:
I'm STILL trying to determine my DOFD. The OC's TL in EQ is not listed. EXP doesn't even have the OC's TL and TU still has not sent me my hard copy. I hate TU! So basically I have to rely on TUs "fall off" date? Grrr.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version