Author Topic: Just received a letter from Collection Agency  (Read 6448 times)

coltfan1972

• Valued Member
Re: Just received a letter from Collection Agency
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011 10:05:22 AM »
It will say it on the CR in the area, usually right at the bottom, of the account in question.  In the same area that it might say collection account or past due XXX days.   It will say something like, this account is in dispute by customer, this meets the reqirements of the FCRA.  I learned in Texas they have 30 days to mark it in dispute, but otherwise no time limit other than reasonable, so give them about a month for it to be updated as disputed. 
Scroggin succeed in making this case an expensive nightmare for both CBOJ and its counsel.
Scroggin made a "mockery" out of CBOJ's deposition.

Scroggin made "perverted one-liners" during his deposition.
Scroggin called CBOJ'S counsel "a little witch"

Scroggin used the FDCPA as a "sword of intimidation."
Scroggin loves suing debt collectors.

Scroggin is proud of his behavior and "unapologetic."

Rebecca Worsham - Lead Counsel, Scroggin v. CBOJ- 3:12-cv-128, Eastern District of Ark.

sunnystate

• Valued Member
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011 08:57:18 PM »
It will say it on the CR in the area, usually right at the bottom, of the account in question.  In the same area that it might say collection account or past due XXX days.   It will say something like, this account is in dispute by customer, this meets the reqirements of the FCRA.  I learned in Texas they have 30 days to mark it in dispute, but otherwise no time limit other than reasonable, so give them about a month for it to be updated as disputed.

Thanks coltfan1972!!

Quader

• Valued Member
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011 09:04:33 PM »
Alright I mailed out my letter CMRRR on 4/24 and received my green card last week.

.... just under a year ..... man ... it takes mail that long  ... darn USPS     :vbrofl:

Q

sunnystate

• Valued Member
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2011 12:43:13 AM »

.... just under a year ..... man ... it takes mail that long  ... darn USPS     :vbrofl:

Q

See this is what happens with your brain... LMAO  :vbdoh:

I meant 3/24

sunnystate

• Valued Member
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2011 07:01:43 AM »
I finally got a letter from OC stating that they will forward my correspondence to the appropriate department. 

Then 3 weeks later I received another letter from OC regarding my "validity" of the account.  They sent a copy of an application with NO account number on it with my signature, the one that they send you by mail and you fill it out and mail back.  Anyways it also says when I opened the account, last charge on bill, and last payment.  And that was it.

I sent them a letter I "disputed" the alleged debt, so is this considered validation???  Should I send another letter?

silverzgirl

• Valued Member
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2011 07:50:34 PM »
For an OC this is actually pretty good. If they have your filled out and signed application, rest assured that they will have all they need to SJ you in court.

You can dispute, but they are not bound by FDCPA.
“Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.”  - Sun-Tzu

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I once thought I was a lawyer when I was litigating in a courtroom, but turns out I just had Patron induced bed spins and dreamed it all. Take my posts with a grain of salt...and a shot of Patron. But not so much you think you are a lawyer.

sunnystate

• Valued Member
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2011 07:58:09 PM »
For an OC this is actually pretty good. If they have your filled out and signed application, rest assured that they will have all they need to SJ you in court.

You can dispute, but they are not bound by FDCPA.

silverzgirl should I try and settle??  The SOL ends in NOV.

silverzgirl

• Valued Member
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2011 09:02:39 PM »
I think I would let the dog slumber as it is obvious they snooze. They are not suing at this point; did you elect arb in your DV?

I would also be prepared to act if they do sue; the window is closing and many will wait until the last minute.
“Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.”  - Sun-Tzu

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I once thought I was a lawyer when I was litigating in a courtroom, but turns out I just had Patron induced bed spins and dreamed it all. Take my posts with a grain of salt...and a shot of Patron. But not so much you think you are a lawyer.

sunnystate

• Valued Member
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2011 06:34:56 PM »
I think I would let the dog slumber as it is obvious they snooze. They are not suing at this point; did you elect arb in your DV?

I would also be prepared to act if they do sue; the window is closing and many will wait until the last minute.

I did elect arb in the letter.

I'm wondering why the letter does NOT state what my balance is.

credit