Debtorboards™ is here for the free discussion of credit and collection issues. That said, there must be a couple of simple ground rules, which will be enforced by the Admin Team.
* Standard writing styles as found in any good book on English style and grammar, are important to communication, particularly in a legal environment. Use them. Text-messaging styles, shorthands, run-ons, or their derivatives do not satisfy our requirements. Being on a cell phone or mobile device does not relieve you of the obligation to adhere to the commonly accepted elements of presentation and style.
* No Flaming, trash talking, obscenity, trolling, “cattle calls”, etc... Keep it civil and address the issue, not the person. If worst comes to worst, we can agree to disagree - but civilly.
* No thread hijacking. If you can't address the OP's question or issue, then open your own thread. If there is some peripheral attachment to the OP's question or issue, then so state it, address it and move on.
* No Interboard trash talk - We don't care what happened on another board. If you go to another board to trash someone, leave it there. If someone trashes you on another board, leave it there. Don’t bring it here.
* Collectors - if you are coming here to spout the "Just Pay Your Bill" mantra, please go back where you came from and spout it there.
*Our belief is that good ideas will chase away bad ones. Let's get the good ideas out there. You, the poster, bear responsibility for what you post. DB, Inc is a message board, not your Lawyer, and if misinformation is posted, it is our hope that it will be corrected shortly by good information.
* Nothing on this Board is to be construed as legal advice. If you want a lawyer, hire one or enroll in Law School. Lawyers are, of course, welcome to post as they see fit.
* If you are trying to sell or advertise anything, you must have our permission first. Otherwise, it will not be allowed here. This means selling of any type, direct or indirect, express or implied, for any product or service, anywhere on DB except as noted below.
Advertising/selling that we do permit is limited to the The Bourse.
The Administration reserves the right to request revision, move, alter, or remove any post, link, signature, screen name, etc. that we, in our sole discretion, determine to be a violation of our prohibition on advertising or selling.
* Admin and the Mods reserve the right to modify or delete any post or thread that is, in the sole opinion of the Admin/Mod Team, a violation of any of these Terms of Service. The Terms of Service may be modified from time to time as deemed necessary and by continuing to use Debtorboards you indicate your acceptance of these modifications. Don’t argue with the decision of the Mods in this area. You may question it, but keep the discussion civil and on topic.
Debtorboards, Inc. reserves the right to archive any and all messages of whatsoever nature.
For purposes of TOS, the following definitions are being used to define certain “internet” terms:
“Flaming” is a personal attack against any other person.
“Trash Talking” is used as commonly used in sports – an “in your face” comment intended to incite the other person.
“Obscenity” is not restricted to the FCC’s 8-words, but includes any language generally considered to be objectionable as to meaning or form of expression. Ethnic slurs fall into this category.
“Trolling” is the act of coming into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posting inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling others trolls.
“Cattle Call” is the act of summoning friends from another board to DB for purpose or effect of flooding DB with posts that either individually or collectively violate any TOS.
In addition to the above, the following are included in the Terms of Service agreed to by all members while registering:
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
Note that it is impossible for the staff or the Debtorboards, Inc. forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username (Debtorboards, Inc. advises that you keep the name appropriate). For your protection and for validity reasons, you are not required at any time to provide your Debtorboards password without a valid court order. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason whether or not the owner of the account approved the access. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
Only one screen name per user is allowed unless expressly permitted by the Administration. The Administration may remove or disable any alternate screen name discovered or take other disciplinary action. For the purposes of this restriction, the FIRST screen name registered will be permitted unless the user provides acceptable justification for other arrangement. Administrative action, hereunder, may be taken, at DB’s sole discretion, at any time and without either prior warning or recourse.
After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
Please note that with each post, your IP address and other pertinent pieces of information are recorded for use in the event that you need to be banned from this forum, your ISP contacted, etc.
Access to Debtorboards by the use of proxy servers, non-US domains or techniques specifically designed to mask or hide the originating IP is permitted only with the express written consent of the Administration of the board. Debtorboards, Inc. may check for the use of proxies at any time; acceptance of the Terms of Service means that you give explicit authorization for Debtorboards, Inc. to do so in such manner that it deems appropriate. Members detected using such access techniques are subject to restriction of access without notice. Restrictions applied are at the sole and exclusive discretion of the Administration without recourse.
Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is used to keep you logged in/out and to ensure that any and all users, both guests and registered users, have agreed to this Terms of Service. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.Debtorboards
is the registered trademarks of Steven Katz. The Flyingifr Method of Aggressive Credit Repair is copyrighted material; all rights reserved. Debtorboards, Inc is a not-for-profit 501c3 corporation
ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT: All material on Debtorboards becomes the property of Debtorboards, Inc. for purposes of Copyright laws. While it is DB's policy to liberally allow the republication of posts on DB, proper copyright citation and acknowledgment of trademark are required in accordance with applicable copyright and trademark law. No part of Debtorboards may be republished, copied or reproduced in any way for profit without the consent of the owners of Debtorboards. To seek such permission, email Flyingifr@yahoo.com
and place "Debtorboards Copyright" in the Subject line.
Severability: If, at any time, any clause or section of these Terms of Service is declared invalid or unenforceable, all other parts of these Terms of Service shall remain in effect.Edited 12/10/06 to reflect prohibition of the use of proxy servers to access DB.Edited 12/14/06 to clear up confusion regarding password policy and cookie use.Edited 7/6/07 to reflect current policy on the use of proxies and DBs investigations thereof.Edited 1/17/08 to reflect current policy on adverstising, membership and severabilityEdited 10/14/08 to reflect current trademark and copyright status.
Edited 12/28/09 to reflect incorporation.
Edited 2/17/11 to reflect 501c3 status.
Edited 6/7/11 to reflect style and grammar requirements