Author Topic: RECEIVE EASY PAYMENT  (Read 417 times)

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
Re: RECEIVE EASY PAYMENT
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 03:32:21 AM »
Hulkster's Big Boot and Legdrop has been given to:
Midland / LVNV / Hunter Warfield / Nations Recovery Center / Some Slumlord Apartment Management Company / Sprint / Samsung

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 03:59:03 AM »
SOMETIMES an ITS letter is worth it.

I once got a $1000 check from an ITS. 

That was the ONLY time it worked for me, though.  Everyone else has to do things the hard way. 

CtrlAltDelete

• Valued Member
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 02:38:09 PM »
I also got $1,000 from an ITS letter - took a month negotiating with Gen Counsel, but worked.

Two weeks later, they violated FDCPA again - sued that time and was about 4+ times happier than with the ITS results
You are only defeated when YOU give up.

kevinmanheim

• Valued Member
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 03:27:18 PM »
If you do send an ITS, but they don't settle, sue. Never make empty threats.

When you sue, mention the ITS letter in the complaint and that the defendant ignored it.

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 03:33:35 PM »
 ITS won't rattle them when it's coming from an unrepresented party.

I am not an attorney, just  type" A" personality.
If you need legal help, you should seek legal counsel.

stuck in nc

• Valued Member
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 05:30:49 PM »
Everybody all over other forums are terrified to call the number.  I was a little apprehensive after reading all of that: STAY AWAY FROM THAT NUMBER, NEVER CALL IT, EVER!!!!" stuff.

I called.  Its' Caribbean Cruise lines.

I will write the letter this evening.

Thanks for the tip!

Didn't I tell you it was CCL!!  Your contact you want to send the letter/ITS to is:

http://www.gmlaw.com/robby-h-birnbaum-2/

JUST IN CASE it was a third party, and NOT CCL....if it were me..I'd include this snippet....to show that they are ultimately liable...

"In 2008, the FCC held that ďa creditor on whose behalf an autodialed or prerecorded message call is made to a wireless number bears the responsibility for any violation of the Commissionís rules.ĒIn re Rules and Regulations Implementing the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Declaratory Ruling on Motion by ACA International for Reconsideration, 23 FCC Rcd. 559, 565, ∂ 10 (Jan. 4, 2008); Birchmeier v. Caribbean Cruise Line, Inc., 2012 WL 7062748 (Dec. 31, 2012).16.Accordingly, the entity can be liable under the TCPA for a call made on its behalf, even if the entity did not directly place the call. Under those circumstances, the entity is deemed to have initiated the call through the person or entity."

This is the "guilt by association"  that makes them liable.

To further clarify...an SMS message is considered a "call" under the TCPA.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:48:24 PM by stuck in nc »

kevinmanheim

• Valued Member
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 05:40:43 PM »
The CCL game is run using shell companies. The calling company has no assets, which is why it's important to sue everyone involved.

stuck in nc

• Valued Member
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 05:46:55 PM »
You are correct, Daniel Lambert and Plaza/Ramada Plaza resorts are one of them...but they will most assuredly settle if you go right to Birnbaum with a filled out draft complaint...I posted the relevant case law in the post 2 up from this one.

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 06:22:27 PM »
OP is not going to receive an easy payment from this group.

Birchmeier, Parkes et al has been consolidated in Northern District of IL. Last I checked Vigus (class from MO) was added along with a few others. I haven't caught up with the case since early this year, but it'll be interesting to see the outcome. 

stuck in nc

• Valued Member
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 07:18:13 PM »
Well...YMMV on CCL.  I can tell you that I have had 3 instances with them, all without court.....settled each time.

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 07:35:32 PM »
Three instances is nothing.

If you want $500-$1000 they'll probably make an offer for you go away , but if the claim arises out of numerous and "deafening" calls involving your inner ears then be prepared to see them put up a fight. ;)

stuck in nc

• Valued Member
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 07:45:20 PM »
I just love it when the robot calls me trying to say I won a cruise!!  I manage to find $750.00 in the FedEx a few days later.   :vbrofl: :vbrofl: :vbrofl:

stuck in nc

• Valued Member
« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 07:46:37 PM »
Three instances is nothing.

If you want $500-$1000 they'll probably make an offer for you go away , but if the claim arises out of numerous and "deafening" calls involving your inner ears then be prepared to see them put up a fight. ;)

Thats what I was saying to the OP. If he got one of these texts, they will most likely give him anywhere from $500-1000 on sheer nuisance value alone.