Author Topic: Spokeo Supreme court case  (Read 6858 times)

howucantoo

• Valued Member
Re: Spokeo Supreme court case
« Reply #195 on: Today at 06:49:44 PM »
Looks like Spokeo is reeking havoc on one case.

The Birchmeire et.al. vs Caribbean Cruise line et.al yesterday the defense team which consist of the law firm who argued the Spokeo (Mayer Brown)  filed motion to declassify the action based on Article lll  standing to sue on statutory laws.

This motion is set to be heard in few days,it'll be very interesting to see what the court rules on this.
I am not an attorney, just  type" A" personality.
If you need legal help, you should seek legal counsel.
My PM is turned off.

• Valued Member
« Reply #196 on: Today at 07:18:01 PM »
Spokeo is going to wreak havoc on a lot of cases.

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #197 on: Today at 07:39:17 PM »
It remains to be seen, the  hearing is set for Friday.

They argued "every individual" in the class action didn't suffer injuries, therefore class should be decertified.
My PM is turned off.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• Valued Member
« Reply #198 on: Today at 07:44:04 PM »
Caribbean is desperate after having numerous robberies, murders, and rapes take place on their ships, which have zero security.One guy from my state fell overboard after a fight with an unknown person and was never seen again. They actually have the nerve to spoof their number (they called me) when they spam you on the phone as being from Greenwich CT, where this guy was from.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #199 on: Today at 07:54:00 PM »
Yeah, but this case is not about their cruise line status or missing person .

It's TCPA multi-state litigation.

With Caribbean cruise line blowing its bull horn over the phone. Now if deafness is not an injury then what is?
My PM is turned off.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• Valued Member
« Reply #200 on: Today at 08:02:42 PM »
My point was they have taken some bad hits. Their ships are about as popular as the Titanic. They are calling every number they can find, they are probably broke anyway and don't care.

Hey, look up RMS Republic. This ship was from White Star Lines, same company that owned Titanic. It went down in 1909 off the coast of Nantucket. It was found in 1981 by a treasure hunter, who now owns it after 30 years of litigation. It supposedly has (current day value) some 20 BILLION in gold on board, a secret shipment engineered by the government disguised as a loan to Russia. You like to swim, don't you?
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.