Author Topic: How can I give my cell phone number to CA/JDB  (Read 260 times)

LUEser

• Valued Member
  • The Penultimate Answer
    • LUE's Repository of Credit Card Agreements
Re: How can I give my cell phone number to CA/JDB
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015 08:08:46 PM »
Past SOL debt still on your credit is within the purview of the FCRA.

Basically, there's the date of first default that the CRAs go by. The creditors have 7.5 years to report the information on your credit report before it by law must fall off.

A lot of people get confused about SOL. There's basically three. SOL on litigaiton, varies by state, and each state has different ways of figuring up tolling and other misceallany related. That's the SOL you're talking about, you may see it on here as SOL-C

Then there's SOL for Reporting (SOL-R) which is 7.5 years from date of first default (DOFD), basically the last time the account was in default before being brought into a positive standing (if it ever was reinstated into a positive standing). This is where the usual "bad items on your CR fall off in 7 years" comes from. (Judgements and Bankruptcies have a bit longer to be reportable, but in general, the 7.5 is the hard and fast rule for everything else.)

Finally, there is the statute of limitations for filing on the consumer side, this is for each individual statute, the one most commonly referred to here is the 1 year from the cause of action timeframe to file for FDCPA violations.
--
*I'm not a lawyer, just a consumer rights advocate.

Brunothe JDBKiller

• Valued Member
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015 09:27:03 PM »
The 7 years starts at the date of charge off. The law says a bank should charge off a debt no later than 180 days after first delinquency. They have the option of doing it sooner. That potentially shortens the 7.5 to no more than 7.0.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

some2me

• Valued Member
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 01:40:31 PM »
...don't bait them with a ruse or ploy. If they're being compliant, then we're doing our job here in advocating for others who don't or can't for themselves.

I agree, well said...

Vacate

• Valued Member
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 05:30:16 PM »
Thank you all for the valuable information.

I am expecting my credit will be very bad for another year and half. But for litigation, I am all set for  this one account and 2 coming within months. Although I have 3 judgments, they are not on my Credit report and it has been 2-3 years already.

Thank you

credit