Author Topic: Accepting my "free cruise" in the form of TCPA suit  (Read 1439 times)

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
  • Whatchya Gonna Do, Brother?!?
Re: Accepting my "free cruise" in the form of TCPA suit
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2014 06:55:32 PM »
Their attorney's last email said: "My client will not go beyond $750.  You can be comfortable with opting out of any class action, but it will be a long time to wait."

I went ahead and replied with my next counter offer, but this was a week ago and I have not heard back yet. They were replying about every other day, but with the extended time since the last email I am starting to wonder if they really are no longer going to continue to attempt to settle.

I will give them another couple weeks, which is time I need to refine my complaint anyway, and if I hear no more from them I will file the suit.

Does anyone know how long the application for in forma pauperis takes?  I am going to file as pauper, but I believe I am on the cusp as to whether I would be approved or not, so I am not sure how that will go.
3 Arb Settlements (pre-suit and pre-arb hearing)
2 JDB Suits Dismissed With Prejudice
2 TCPA Settlements (using ITS with Draft Complaint)

stuck in nc

• Valued Member
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2014 11:44:59 PM »
$750 is a fair offer for 3 calls from these clowns. While you might file and get IFP, they may (and probably will) join your case to other MDL and you will be waiting years for a less than $750.00 result.

kevinmanheim

• Valued Member
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2014 01:00:05 AM »
$750 is a fair offer for 3 calls from these clowns. While you might file and get IFP, they may (and probably will) join your case to other MDL and you will be waiting years for a less than $750.00 result.
+1

I would call the attorney and accept the offer.

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
  • Whatchya Gonna Do, Brother?!?
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2014 12:33:19 PM »
As a final update to this thread, all I can say is that 'an amicable agreement has been reached between the parties'.     :drinking:

Thanks to everyone for all the valuable input.
3 Arb Settlements (pre-suit and pre-arb hearing)
2 JDB Suits Dismissed With Prejudice
2 TCPA Settlements (using ITS with Draft Complaint)