Author Topic: Got a notice to attend court for non payment Discover.  (Read 62 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Valued Member
  • Posts: 1
Got a notice to attend court for non payment Discover.
« on: April 15, 2014 01:53:47 AM »
So my $5000 credit card I have ignored paying is now going to court, what should I do?

I went back to school and should be done by the end of the summer. I was only paying a measly $100 dollars on it but I have another outstanding CC worth a lot more. After I lost my roommate I just couldn't keep paying hundreds per month. I tried to get them to cut me some slack until I was done with school but they didn't do anything.

Now what? Do I go to court without a lawyer? I was going to try and call them and settle for 1/3, they had previously said they didn't settle. I had went with a consolidation group but I came to the conclusion that the amount of money I was supposed to put in the bank each month to eventually settle was unfeasible at the time and that they were taking a cut and it would take longer. One thing they said is the likelihood of going to court was low but here I am...

Johnny good

  • Valued Member
  • Posts: 20
Re: Got a notice to attend court for non payment Discover.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014 02:34:31 AM »
Is it the original creditor or did the account get sold to a collection agency? You need to file an answer unless you want them to get a quick and easy default judgment against you. A lot of helpful members here but their not gonna spoon feed you. You need to search the forum, keywords like critique answer. Look into arbitration. I'm a noob but been watching the experts such as Kevin, howucantoo, Bruno, and many others give great advice. Good luck!