Author Topic: Debt Complaint with Absolute Resolutions  (Read 902 times)

JohnDoe76

• Valued Member
Re: Debt Complaint with Absolute Resolutions
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017 09:32:47 PM »
Shouls I ask for dismissal with prejudice? Should I ask for mutual walk away from by both parties from the debt and request that Absolute put in writing that I am free and clear? As well as request Absolute to stop reporting against my credit?

Bruno the JDB Killer

• Valued Member
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017 01:01:06 PM »
How about filing a petition to compel arbitration in federal court? They'll love you for that. That's when they usually pay you to leave them alone.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
  • They forced arbitration into your contract. Use it
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017 01:50:16 PM »
Shouls I ask for dismissal with prejudice? Should I ask for mutual walk away from by both parties from the debt and request that Absolute put in writing that I am free and clear? As well as request Absolute to stop reporting against my credit?

You have no leverage to force any of those things since your MTC was never granted.  You can ask, but they can say no and just dismiss the case on their own.
10 Arb Settlements (9 AAA, 1 JAMS)
3 JDB Suits Dismissed With Prejudice (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
3 TCPA Settlements (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
2 FCRA Settlements (consumer atty)
1 FDCPA Settlement (w consumer atty)
1 Small Claims Win (pro-se; Landlord/state consumer law violations)
1 State UDAP Settlement (ITS)
1 Federal PTC Settlement (before hearing; pro-se)

JohnDoe76

• Valued Member
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017 03:15:59 PM »
You have no leverage to force any of those things since your MTC was never granted.  You can ask, but they can say no and just dismiss the case on their own.

Yeah, I sent the email asking for a mutual walk away and release from the debt. I got a fast response from the atty "the dismissal will be without prejudice but we do not intend on filing suit again".