Author Topic: Question about pending Midland law suit  (Read 2369 times)

JohnDoe76

• Valued Member
Re: Question about pending Midland law suit
« Reply #90 on: Yesterday at 07:09:33 PM »
Should I send Midland my intent to sue letter?

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #91 on: Yesterday at 07:28:24 PM »
Do you have a complaint drafted?

ITS without a complaint is like me telling the debt collector "I'm gonna file BK". They hear this all the time, UNLESS I am the one who's telling the truth.

I am not an attorney, just  type" A" personality.
If you need legal help, you should seek legal counsel.

JohnDoe76

• Valued Member
« Reply #92 on: Yesterday at 10:07:38 PM »
Do you have a complaint drafted?

ITS without a complaint is like me telling the debt collector "I'm gonna file BK". They hear this all the time, UNLESS I am the one who's telling the truth.

I am in the process of drafting it now, when I have it complete I will post for critique. But when I send my intent should I send it to their Atty, or to the Midland address on their bills? And should I offer options for them other than me suing them?

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #93 on: Today at 12:11:44 AM »
I would always communicate with their attorneys.

If I was going to sue someone and I knew they are represented I'd be sending everything to his or her attention. There are some exceptions too, such as some agreements state that the creditor must be notified in case of election (arbitration), but that's a rarity.

Now before biting off a big chunk of flesh, you want to make sure you don't bite more than you can chew.

I see that your experience in legal manner (s) is limited (from your posting) and based on my observation what exactly did they violate? Beside filing suit after they received your "election letter".

I am not an attorney, just  type" A" personality.
If you need legal help, you should seek legal counsel.

credit