Credit Basics > General Credit Forum

Dell Financial Services called me 9 times today......

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dylan150:
They called me 2 or 3 times a day from all different locations and this lasted for months.

CAVU:

--- Quote from: thek1ng on June 26, 2012   05:43:41 AM ---Dell Financial Services called me 9 times today, finally called them back just to ensure that they were collecting on my late payment which I paid through bill pay this morning.

I have also told them on another occasion that this is my cell phone and not to call it but they continue to call.

--- End quote ---

Surprised no one else picked up on this.  You need to do some research on TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act).  There is a whole section here at DB on it.  Highly recommend you scroll through that and then you'll have your answer.  BTW, TCPA does not require written notification for a cease and desist.  So you are already half way there. 

arnanda:

--- Quote from: CAVU on July 12, 2012   03:50:33 AM ---Surprised no one else picked up on this.  You need to do some research on TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act).  There is a whole section here at DB on it.  Highly recommend you scroll through that and then you'll have your answer.  BTW, TCPA does not require written notification for a cease and desist.  So you are already half way there.

--- End quote ---
However can the OP prove that it happened?  Also, you have to keep in mind the court case that I cited in my earlier post on this thread.  I would want to have the call recorded AND a CMRRR letter to them just so you have all the evidence you need.

kennypowers:

--- Quote from: JerryS@Dell on July 11, 2012   05:02:07 PM ---Hello thek1ng,

I saw your post and am concerned with your situation. Please call me at 800-283-2210 extension 4250127 at your earliest convenience.

Jerry Strother

--- End quote ---

Truly bold. A creditor lurker reaching out with name and number. First time I have ever seen that.

Of course Jerry is "concerened". Every JDB, OC, collection attorney, and agency is.

On to the subject. Nine times a day from the OC? No Hassle Creditor used to call me twice that, in one morning. They do it be because legally, in most states, they can.

HarryC:
What state are you in?  If you are in Florida, you got 'em!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version