Author Topic: Never received filed "Plaintiff's First Request for Admissions to Defendant"  (Read 969 times)

jas67

• Valued Member
I was perusing my court's website and my case number and just by accident I found out the LVNV has filed a "Plaintiff's First Request for Admissions to Defendant" on 5/18.  I however never received anything.

It states it was sent on 5/7 to me via regular USPS.  To date not received.

I have also not had a pretrial hearing and have been served with a Trial Assignment for 7/3, dated 5/24.

Are pretrial hearings always held?

Can they hold a trial without me receiving the documents in hand?

Help!  and thanks!!

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
Why not call their lawyer and tell them you haven't received it and that they should fax you a copy?

I'd follow the call up with a quick letter confirming the conversation.

This is all about a paper trail. You have as much right to create one as they do.

JDBStick

• Valued Member
+1 to Cleaningup

When I went in for a similar situation, I was able to get a copy from the court clerk.
I am not a lawyer, but I did once ask to see the briefs of a really attractive paralegal.

jas67

• Valued Member
Why not call their lawyer and tell them you haven't received it and that they should fax you a copy?

I'd follow the call up with a quick letter confirming the conversation.

This is all about a paper trail. You have as much right to create one as they do.

Thanks.  I realize I can get a copy.  My point was I was wondering if I could have used it to my advantage against LVNV.

JDBStick

• Valued Member
They will just go with the we mailed it defense. You will have to prove thy didn't.

By working through the court, if it happens again, you might have some sway with the judge.
I am not a lawyer, but I did once ask to see the briefs of a really attractive paralegal.

jas67

• Valued Member
Thanks.  I got a Notice of Dismissal without Prejudice in the mail yesterday.