Credit Basics > General Credit Forum

Need Help fighting a sleezy debt collector

<< < (3/3)

Readytogo:
^^^Hey Daryl its definitely not interest, the credit card companies have to charge off within a certain amount of time and can no longer charge interest (which is what they did) but this debt collector decided to add a little bit more to the balance.   Now that they are suing me what the lawyers (which also happen to be their debt collection agency) listed as the balance conflicts with the balance they are suing me for.

howucantoo:

--- Quote from: Readytogo on July 11, 2012   05:55:54 PM ---^^^Hey Daryl its definitely not interest, the credit card companies have to charge off within a certain amount of time and can no longer charge interest (which is what they did) but this debt collector decided to add a little bit more to the balance.   Now that they are suing me what the lawyers (which also happen to be their debt collection agency) listed as the balance conflicts with the balance they are suing me for.

--- End quote ---

Did the credit card company who was charging you interest send statements while doing this?

BTW, Credit card companies can charge interest after Charged off, but they must abide by certain rules.

CleaningUp:
If the contract says that interest can be charged, it can continue to be charged by the OC until he sells the account, and the JDB for as long as he owns it.

Charge-off has nothing to do with the accrual of interest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version