Author Topic: Statement of Claim  (Read 670 times)

frustratedaboutcollectors

• Valued Member
Statement of Claim
« on: May 28, 2012 01:42:55 PM »
Received summons with affidavit for suit from I think CA. There was no statement of claim marked on paper served and only showing a dollar amount. No account # or any explanation on papers. Do I have a leg to stand on in court?

GRINGO

• Valued Member
Re: Statement of Claim
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012 04:00:53 PM »
First you need to answer the summons. Make sure they don't get a SJ for failure to appear as well.

Now you need to start doing some reading on the subject here. There are topics here that will explain the process.

Who is the OC. When did you default?

Do you have an agreement with arbitration, if so start reading how to take this out of court.
If you think I am an attorney, you are quite mistaken. If you are looking for legal advice check the  yellow pages!

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012 04:05:25 PM »
What state ?

Is this original creditor ?

Give us a little more information without revealing personal ones.

I am not an attorney, just  type" A" personality.
If you need legal help, you should seek legal counsel.

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012 03:49:10 AM »
Georgia Magistrate Court. GE Bank shows as Plaintiff. On the paperwork it is not checked on statement of claim as to if it is a loan, credit card, etc....nothing is filled out. Just a certain $$$ for principle and $$$ interest. Nothing else....nothing...no account #'s no nothing....

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012 05:15:45 AM »
Well, you can take your frustrations out on court and GE money, we are just trying to help!

I prefer my opponent not to include exhibits and  attachments, this way I can submit my own exhibits as true copies (card agreement ,etc). It is actually good to be recipient of a defective complaint.

In my answer  I would  include" failure to state a claim upon which relief shall be granted".

Go to "arbitration" forum and read the stickys  GE has an agreement with arbitration clause which you may find useful.

I am not an attorney, just  type" A" personality.
If you need legal help, you should seek legal counsel.

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012 11:21:48 AM »
Thanks for the information!

Admin0619

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012 01:06:10 PM »
Georgia Magistrate Court. GE Bank shows as Plaintiff. On the paperwork it is not checked on statement of claim as to if it is a loan, credit card, etc....nothing is filled out. Just a certain $$$ for principle and $$$ interest. Nothing else....nothing...no account #'s no nothing....

Please use line breaks between the subject changes in your post. It streamlines your situation, therefore can streamline the help you receive.

Additionally, a sentence ends in a period, not an ellipsis.

If you have questions about formatting, please re-read the ToS or PM an Administrator or Moderator.

The path to success in matters legal is paved in honing the craft of CONCISE communication. We would be in remiss to not strive to put our members on that path.