The Players > Consumer Attorneys

CAP ONE'S CA NO-SHOW AT POST JUDGEMENT DISCOVERY

<< < (2/3) > >>

Admin3496:
Refrain from using all capital letters.

It is perceived as yelling.

cprems:
Is the 13% a State judgment percentage or is this something they came up with?

at 13%, your $50 a month will not cover the interest in a year. The judgment is making them $3100 a year. You will pay $600 a year. You'll never pay this off.

--- Quote from: bmcinto01 on May 17, 2012   06:56:21 PM ---TOTAL JUDGEMENT: $24,500 @ 13%, I'VE PAID SIX PAYMENTS.

MY ATTORNEY MOTIONED FOR THE PAYMENTS. I AGREED ON HIS ADVICE. JUDGE WASN'T GOING TO GRANT ANY OBJECTIONS. WE BOTH COULD SEE IT GOING THE CA'S WAY, JUST BY THE LOOK ON THE JUDGES FACE.

YOU'RE RIGHT, IT COULD TAKE AWHILE TO PAY. LOTS OF THINGS CAN HAPPEN THOUGH, BECOME JUDGEMENT PROOF AND RETIRE, DEBT SOLD, CA RETIRES, ETC. I CAN DEAL WITH THE PAYMENT UNTIL THEN. WOULD BE NICE TO <get> THEM THOUGH.

--- End quote ---

bmcinto01:
Yes you are right. It will never be paid off. I disagree on the math though. They will make $600 a year until I am dead. That's $18,000 if i live 30 more years and never miss a payment.

Let's try to stay on track with strategy though. What's in the past can't be undone and we know it's never going to be paid off. Is there anything from this point forward that will put the kibosh to them?

cprems:
File a Chapter 7 BK.

That would put the kibosh on them and the judgment!

bmcinto01:
Yes it would. I'll be taking my time though, if I go that route.

Oh, did I mention the CA accepts credit card payments?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version