The Flyingifr School of Bill Collector Education Wall of Shame > Wall Of Shame Donors

Midwestern based JDB makes a boo-boo

(1/4) > >>

Dolemite73:
I get a auto-dialed, pre-recorded phone call to my cell phone from a JDB based in the midwest.  Since I have no outstanding bills, I know this call isn't for me, so I hang on to hear what they have to say.  Apparently,  someone named Stephanie owes this JDB some money and she used to have my cell phone number.  Bad for her, but good for me as this call violated the TCPA and my states' law.  After some discussion and a nice, strongly worded email to their CEO, my bank account is now $1,200 larger.   Donation will be forthcoming.

pattyinpine:
Nice!

debtfree2b:
Very nice! Did they give you a lot of grief since it wasn't a call originally meant for you?

Dolemite73:

--- Quote from: debtfree2b on May 14, 2012   03:02:29 PM ---Very nice! Did they give you a lot of grief since it wasn't a call originally meant for you?

--- End quote ---

Not at all.  They knew they had violated and it was pretty pain-free.  It was very professional and amicable.

Admin3496:
Congratulations!  :drinking:

Your total has been added to the ticker.

Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. DB cannot remain online without member support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version