Author Topic: Another Lawsuit  (Read 729 times)

GRINGO

• Valued Member
Another Lawsuit
« on: May 08, 2012 07:13:38 AM »
Checked the court site as I do on a daily basis and saw the wonderful news that another suit has been filed. No mention of who is doing the honors this time. Perhaps a call tomorrow to the court will expose the challenger.

As this is the 2ND time, and you learn by your mistakes, I am wondering if is best to throw the whole kitchen sink at the plaintiff right off the bat. Last time I took a slow an easy approach.

Another words, when I file the answer,  hit the grand slam with The motion For arbitration at the same time instead of a few months later. Any ideas?
If you think I am an attorney, you are quite mistaken. If you are looking for legal advice check the  yellow pages!

deepkimchee

• Valued Member
Re: Another Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012 08:36:47 AM »
I would vote for hitting with the grand slam.  If what you did before didn't work out so well, try the next strategy.  Also, what is the use of having leverage if they don't know about it?  Just my two cents.
I refuse to let a piece of paper intimidate me

My statements are educated/non-educated guesses, not legal advice

GRINGO

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012 05:41:36 PM »
The good news is this is a junk debt collector using the same firm and attorney as well.

A quick call to the court house exposed the culprit. This gives me the edge to start preparing the double whammy!!

Does anyone know if the AZ governor ever signed the new law yet regarding these companies?
If you think I am an attorney, you are quite mistaken. If you are looking for legal advice check the  yellow pages!

metalstorm

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012 08:32:47 PM »
Did you exercise your arbitration right and elect arbitration in your DV letter?

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

The FEDERAL RESERVE, Stealing the American Dream since 1913

Don't rest, don't stop ,don't quit, and don't give up.Ride them hard and put them away wet!~metalstorm

Don't attack my kingdom and not expect me to hence forth and lay waste to yours~metalstorm

GRINGO

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012 03:47:00 PM »
I certainly did. Every company gets one regardless.

Just a quick check in my filing cabinet confirms this and every other one as well!

cprems

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012 09:16:06 PM »
Don't forget to include ANY counter claims in the applicable answer.

This will toll any SOL issues if and when the OC/JDB decides to drag their feet and pay for arbitration.
ALL my postings have NO legal value.

I AM the "village idiot" please hold my posts to this standard.

If you need legal Counsel - contact an Attorney.

AXXEL

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012 09:33:23 PM »
Don't forget to include ANY counter claims in the applicable answer.

This will toll any SOL issues if and when the OC/JDB decides to drag their feet and pay for arbitration.

Counter claims toll the SOL?  How so?

cprems

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012 11:40:57 PM »
Your State consumer law violations and any FDCPA violations.

ALL my postings have NO legal value.

I AM the "village idiot" please hold my posts to this standard.

If you need legal Counsel - contact an Attorney.

credit