Author Topic: How to collect against a CA  (Read 868 times)

head801

• Valued Member
How to collect against a CA
« on: April 19, 2012 10:05:59 PM »
Does anybody have suggestions on how to collect against a company in another state if you win a

judgment? This goes back to my thread from the other day

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=20424.msg165736#msg165736

I have spoken to a couple of attorneys because; I did not want to sue pro se and not be able to collect. I

thought that an attorney would  be better able to collect on something like this than I would. The three

attorneys that I spoke to all said yes you have a great case but, since we think that these people are “Pay

Day  Loan Scammers” even if they  get the judgment they do not think that they could collect on it.

It just really makes me mad to have a company that can violate the FDCPA and the TCPA  so fragrantly

and get away with it. Any suggestions are welcome!
 >:(
Learning more every day and helping where I can. Just waiting to get my credit terrorist diploma. I am not a Lawyer do not confuse my babbling for leagal advice

Fighting Irish

• Valued Member
Re: How to collect against a CA
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012 10:51:29 PM »

It just really makes me mad to have a company that can violate the FDCPA and the TCPA  so fragrantly

and get away with it. Any suggestions are welcome!
 >:(

It stinks, it's not sweet smelling. I think you meant flagrantly. ;)

You collect the way anybody else does: you get an order to go to their headquarters with police officers and big trucks, and then start hauling out computers, desks, whatever else you can sell to get your judgment paid.

It costs to collect, many times. But you can collect the cost of collecting.

That, of course, is assuming that they're not offshore and immune to prosecution.

Dang it, Jim! I'm a nurse, not an attorney!

(The rest of you, keep that in mind, too.)

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012 11:03:07 PM »
FI's method is ONLY good AFTER you have domesticated the judgment in the collector's state.

Any of the collector's assets in YOUR state are fair game once an execution order is issued.

head801

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012 11:26:31 PM »
It stinks, it's not sweet smelling. I think you meant flagrantly. ;)

Yes I did  :-[

That, of course, is assuming that they're not offshore and immune to prosecution.

I was able to find the CA out of Florida looked them up on the State of Florida Website and got all of thier information.

I am just a little far from Florida!
Learning more every day and helping where I can. Just waiting to get my credit terrorist diploma. I am not a Lawyer do not confuse my babbling for leagal advice

HarryC

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012 05:51:03 AM »
If its a real business, they will likely settle long before it gets that far.

Worst case scenario, you sell the judgment to a Florida judgment purchaser and let them collect it for you.
I'm not a lawyer and I'm not even very smart.  You'd be well advised not to listen to anything I have to say.

credit