Suing Your Creditors > Sample Pleadings

Notice of Appeal critique

(1/10) > >>

lisser:
There is no standard form for a Notice of Appeal to the Circuit Court in my state so I've made my own.

Would anyone care to critique it?

COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
XXXXX DISTRICT COURT
DIVISION
CIVIL CASE NO. 11-C-XXXX

NOTICE OF APPEAL

April 18, 2012

Notice is given that Me, Defendant in the above mentioned proceeding, hereby appeal to the Circuit Court from the order of the District Court for Summary Judgment entered by this court on April 17, 2012.

The name of the appellee against whom this appeal is taken is Pond Scum JDB, plaintiff.

Respectfully submitted,
Me

Once I file this and pay my filing fee along with it, I have 30 days to file my Statement of Appeal.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

howucantoo:
This is how it's titled in my state

APPEAL TO THE (STATE)  APPELLATE COURT,
                     FROM THE CIRCUIT COURT OF (         )COUNTY, (STATE)
                                 (XXXXXXX)  DEPARTMENT,

JDB LLC                                                              )
                                                                              )           Circuit Court No.
                           Plaintiff-Appellee,                     )
                                                                              )            Order Entered
                        v.                                                   )                April 17th, 2012
                                                                              )
YOU                                                                     )            Honorable -------------------
                                                                              )                Judge Presiding
                           Defendant-Appellant.                )                                 

NOTICE OF  (WHATEVER)    APPEAL

Appeal pursuant to (STATE)  Supreme court (       Section xxx                 )
Defendant-Appellant , (NAME), pro se, appeals to the Appellate Court of (STATE) for the
XXX District from the following order entered in this matter in the Circuit Court of XXX  County:

1. The order of April 17, 2012, denying defendantís ----------------------------------

By this appeal, Defendant-Appellant will ask the Appellate Court to reverse the order of
(April 17th, 2012  and remand this cause with directions to (  Vacate or whatever ), or for such other and further relief as the Appellate Court may deem proper.

_________________________________

Defendant-Appellant, pro se

YOUR NAME
ADDRESS
PHONE

howucantoo:
From this moment on whatever is filed must be sent the other side , certificate of mailing must accompany all paperwork/filings in my state.

Just FYI, When filing a brief make sure to send the opponent's copy via CMRR, as they can lie and say it was never sent.

lisser:

--- Quote from: howucantoo on April 18, 2012   07:29:11 PM ---From this moment on whatever is filed must be sent the other side , certificate of mailing must accompany all paperwork/filings in my state.

Just FYI, When filing a brief make sure to send the opponent's copy via CMRR, as they can lie and say it was never sent.

--- End quote ---

Great! Thank you so much for the advice. I will make sure to do that.

Sending it to the JDB lawyer is adequate correct? Or send to JDB as well?

I like your Notice of Appeal. The one I got was from my State's Rules of Civil Procedure though. Do you think I should deviate?

In the small claims handbook it states there are no forms for the Notice of Appeal or Statement of Appeal but I found the example I used in the KY RCP, Rule 73.

In looking at Rule 73, it's not entirely consistent with the handbook for small claims on my state's website. I think I need to be looking over this rule in more detail.

Requirements are listed in Rule 73 that are not listed in the handbook.

howucantoo:
In my state, it must be captioned and the name of the judge should be after the case and order date. Next would be the reason for appeal in bold.
I would check and comply with state's rules (there must be a handbook /guide to appeal )

I sent everything to the counsel /law firm who was representing the client in court, I addressed it to LAW OFFICES OF XXXXX

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version