Author Topic: Advice needed, Experian refuses to reinvestigate, difficult situation ( I think)  (Read 3782 times)

eat-em-up

• Valued Member
I don't think they are still reporting it. The problem is that Experian refuses to re-investigate.

If they did say 'hey JDB is this a valid debt?' I don't think the JDB would reply. That's how the other 2 fell off. But twice now Experian has refused.

And they take almost the whole month to even write me to tell me no. It's maddening.

eat-em-up

• Valued Member
Ehh, I think the JDB is out of business! Their numbers are all disconnected! I'm going to be calling Experian first thing in the morning!

kevinmanheim

• Valued Member
I would look up Experian's registered agent in your state.

I would send the RA a CMRRR request that the account be investigated, and any inaccurate information be removed.

If they didn't correct the problem in 30 days, I would file a complaints against Experian with the CFPB and the state AG.

eat-em-up

• Valued Member
OK, so the company is NOT out of business they have one working number that I found online, BUT I did finally get Experian to dispute the record.

I have a letter with all sorts of paper ready to go to the RA, but I can hold off.

KFMAN

• Valued Member
OK, so the company is NOT out of business they have one working number that I found online, BUT I did finally get Experian to dispute the record.

I have a letter with all sorts of paper ready to go to the RA, but I can hold off.
Make the Complaint up before you send a ITS letter, since they will more than likely blow off your ITS.

metalstorm

• Valued Member
I would look up Experian's registered agent in your state.

I would send the RA a CMRRR request that the account be investigated, and any inaccurate information be removed.

If they didn't correct the problem in 30 days, I would file a complaints against Experian with the CFPB and the state AG.

What does CFPB stand for?

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

The FEDERAL RESERVE, Stealing the American Dream since 1913

Don't rest, don't stop ,don't quit, and don't give up.Ride them hard and put them away wet!~metalstorm

Don't attack my kingdom and not expect me to hence forth and lay waste to yours~metalstorm

metalstorm

• Valued Member

What exactly did you do to get Expierien to re investigate as I am going through a similar situation right now.

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

The FEDERAL RESERVE, Stealing the American Dream since 1913

Don't rest, don't stop ,don't quit, and don't give up.Ride them hard and put them away wet!~metalstorm

Don't attack my kingdom and not expect me to hence forth and lay waste to yours~metalstorm

eat-em-up

• Valued Member
I'm working on Experian, not the JDB. I don't even really want to alert the JDB.

So, I sent the letter to the registered agent for Experian. In the letter I have a copy of a couple of refusals to reinvestigate, a copy of the case dismissal and a lengthy letter.

At the same time (last week) I called Experian again and explained the situation. The agent said he would open a dispute.

I just got an email from them today saying the dispute has been processed and 'remains' meaning it's still on my report. It doesn't say what they did to investigate it, only to contact the business.

I'm <Removed>! So I will be going balastic taking all of the complain routes.

In the meantime I am trying to get a mortgage! I'm preapproved but they expect this to be gone or have a zero balance at closing so I have to work fast here!

Does anyone here think I have a fighting chance?

While I'm complaining about Experian, should I complain about the JDB too? They do not care about their reputation. I think they are only 2 people at this point (co-owners, no employees). They have scaled down from an office to a PO box and phone number, which one of the owners answers. 

I need to know my next moves here. They are reporting correctly but decided to dismiss w/o prejudice in court after I fought back. Frivilous lawsuit.

What would you do? Pleeease.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012 10:45:24 PM by Admin0619 »

Fighting Irish

• Valued Member
It is not credible that they sent by mail your dispute to the JDB, and received back, by mail, a confirmation of the debt in less than a week.

You were going to draw up a complaint for civil court against Experian, and send it with an ITS, correct?

It looks like a good time to do it, if this were my issue.
Dang it, Jim! I'm a nurse, not an attorney!

(The rest of you, keep that in mind, too.)

eat-em-up

• Valued Member
*cracking all 10 knuckles at once*

Yes, I will start on it. I need help with wording though. I've done complaints before but if there is a sample for my situation please let me know. This will be a violation of the FCRA Section..Man. I will go read that too. I've only dealt with FDCPA in the past.

I also have my complaint out to the Registered Agent already so I will give them 10 days before Actually mailing the ITS/Complaint.

I did file a complaint with my AG against the actual JDB last night. I was thinking they clicked the 'verified' button on me.

cprems

• Valued Member
One may consider filing an arbitration claim against the CRA.

If I remember correctly, they use AAA. Check your paper credit report to see the arbitration clause.
ALL my postings have NO legal value.

I AM the "village idiot" please hold my posts to this standard.

If you need legal Counsel - contact an Attorney.

eat-em-up

• Valued Member
Thanks cprems. That's actually a good idea. I'll check my report.

I'm doing a few things all at once. I have asked that the registered agent look into it for me and gave him copies of all the info (dismissed case, dispute requests/rejections and a letter asking him to check it) At the same time I called and talked to an agent and as you can see above, they closed the investigation within 6 days!

I also did send a letter to the JBD. While I was making copies of my dismissal papers I came across my memo of costs that was erroneously rejected by the court (it was THE COURT'S error). I can go back to the court and ask for a reconsideration on that and get money from the JBD. I can also sue them under FCRA for not ever listing the account as disputed. So, I've asked that they go in and hit the delete button on this.

So if anyone has a quick answer for this next question, please reply. I just want to verify that the registered agent for Experian in California is CT Corporation? Not a particular person? I got it from the SOS website.

Thanks Folks!

eat-em-up

• Valued Member
What exactly did you do to get Expierien to re investigate as I am going through a similar situation right now.

I kept trying different agents by phone. It really didn't work in the end.

KFMAN

• Valued Member
Thanks cprems. That's actually a good idea. I'll check my report.

I'm doing a few things all at once. I have asked that the registered agent look into it for me and gave him copies of all the info (dismissed case, dispute requests/rejections and a letter asking him to check it) At the same time I called and talked to an agent and as you can see above, they closed the investigation within 6 days!

I also did send a letter to the JBD. While I was making copies of my dismissal papers I came across my memo of costs that was erroneously rejected by the court (it was THE COURT'S error). I can go back to the court and ask for a reconsideration on that and get money from the JBD. I can also sue them under FCRA for not ever listing the account as disputed. So, I've asked that they go in and hit the delete button on this.

So if anyone has a quick answer for this next question, please reply. I just want to verify that the registered agent for Experian in California is CT Corporation? Not a particular person? I got it from the SOS website.

Thanks Folks!
Also a FDCPA violation.

eat-em-up

• Valued Member
I just wanted to update and say that the debt has been removed!

I'm not quite sure but I think it was writing the company and telling them I was reopening the can of worms by going back to court for my costs which I never received after our case. It was gone exactly one week after they got my letter.

Either way I'm thrilled to be done with them once and for all.  :woohoo:

credit