Credit Basics > Other Interesting Stuff

Just got a call from "The People's Court"

(1/1)

innocentme:
Got to love it. 

They called to see if I wanted to have my small claims case heard on their show. 

I sadly let her know that the case had been removed from small claims by the defendant and she had retained council.  I let her know it  was going to be moved into arbitration soon. 

I guess if you win on the show, the show actually pays the judgement. 

trueq:
"The People's court" is really an arbitration forum.

If invited, and both parties agree, the case is arbitrated on the show.

The real benefit is:   If you are suing an uncollectable party, if you get it to the show, the show does pay.

I had an opportunity to "arbitrate" on Judge Mathas show, but the other party (defendant) did not agree.

Usually Defendants do not want the issue of collections.   Despite the free trip and expenses, all your neighbors will know you owed money to the plaintiff.

If any debt collector I've sued ever agreed to go on one of these shows, I'd accept.

It would make for a fun trip.

WardOfTheCourt:
Qualifies you both as celebrities in my book.  :)

Interesting stuff.

--- Quote from: trueq on April 11, 2012   08:52:26 PM ---"The People's court" is really an arbitration forum.
Usually Defendants do not want the issue of collections.   Despite the free trip and expenses, all your neighbors will know you owed money to the plaintiff.

--- End quote ---
That seems rather tame compared to the "exposure" on the Jerry Springer Show  :vbeek:

HeadsUp:
I would love to be on The People's Court.  I love that show!

kevinmanheim:

--- Quote from: HeadsUp on May 21, 2012   06:12:12 PM ---I would love to be on The People's Court.  I love that show!

--- End quote ---
If you want to be on one of those shows, file a lawsuit against a friend for something crazy -- like they ran over your pet iguana with a Segway while drunk.

The producers of those shows search nationwide small claims case filings every day to get people for the shows. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version