Author Topic: Update on Bank Of America Debt Collections /Problems  (Read 1068 times)

kennypowers

• Valued Member
Re: Update on Bank Of America Debt Collections /Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012 03:58:20 PM »
Outstanding article, safe to say the 5th Estate still has some life in it.

A corner is turning soon.
See that puppy dog sleepin' over in the corner.

Don't bother him.

KFMAN

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012 04:20:49 PM »
I sounds like a lot of Fraud is going on to me.

debtsurvivr

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012 04:34:17 PM »
Interesting.

My wife had an alleged Bank of America CC account bought by a different JDB than the one in the article.  About a year ago we got a bunch of calls from the JDB.  I sent a DV letter, and when they called I told them I wanted proof we owed etc.  and they've since gone away.  I even verbally without acknowledging we owed the debt offered 10 or 15% settlement, which they refused. 

It's been almost a year since we've heard from them.  I checked our credit report just to see if the account was sold to another JDB, it hasn't yet.

I wonder if they've basically stopped trying to collect b/c when challenged do not have the proof or can't get the proof from Bank of America.  I'm actually hoping it gets sold on to another JDB so it'll be even less likely they have supporting documents, and would have paid even less for the debt.  I would still be open to a 10-15% settlement.  Maybe the second JDB would be more open to this amount having paid less for the debt.

Thanks to this board, I'm in no rush to settle.  The longer we wait, the better the terms seem to get.

Thanks for posting the article.

silverzgirl

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012 06:02:27 PM »
Outstanding article, safe to say the 5th Estate still has some life in it.

A corner is turning soon.

The only two sleeping dogs remaining belong here. This is good to know.

When I VODed, they sent a statement with a zero balance.  :vbrofl:
“Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.”  - Sun-Tzu

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I once thought I was a lawyer when I was litigating in a courtroom, but turns out I just had Patron induced bed spins and dreamed it all. Take my posts with a grain of salt...and a shot of Patron. But not so much you think you are a lawyer.

Fighting Irish

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012 11:35:07 PM »
I have two sleepy puppies with that JDB, too.

One CA didn't bother to send anything, the other sent a Bill of Sale.

That one has no license to collect in my state.

OOOPS!
Dang it, Jim! I'm a nurse, not an attorney!

(The rest of you, keep that in mind, too.)

debtsurvivr

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012 03:32:38 AM »
Thanks to this website and all of you who post your experiences here, I actually feel confident letting my one sleeping dog lie.  Had I not found this website, I would have likely succumbed to the pressure to settle for a horrible amount.

My dog shall lie until he either expires or agrees to a low settlement amount. :vbsleep:

We need a sleeping dog icon, but a sleeping happyface will do.

silverzgirl

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012 01:16:03 PM »
I have two sleepy puppies with that JDB, too.

One CA didn't bother to send anything, the other sent a Bill of Sale.

That one has no license to collect in my state.

OOOPS!

One sued after I initiated with JAMS. WHoopsie. In court, the judge ordered them to go arbitrate. They wanted AAA because it was cheaper. I agreed but said they would have to initiate and pay for it. They disappeared.  The other went to a CA that is a subsidiary of NCO, and NCO also sent a letter crossing in the mail. I elected arbitration and NCO closed it. Has not gone to a law firm.

Snooze, puppies, snooze.

I was in for a dental appt and saw that Rolling Stone had an article on them called "Too Crooked to Fail." http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/bank-of-america-too-crooked-to-fail-20120314

NOTE: The language is blue. But it is the Stone. And if the shoe fits...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012 01:34:00 PM by silverzgirl »
“Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.”  - Sun-Tzu

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I once thought I was a lawyer when I was litigating in a courtroom, but turns out I just had Patron induced bed spins and dreamed it all. Take my posts with a grain of salt...and a shot of Patron. But not so much you think you are a lawyer.