Feedback > Feedback

Trouble getting on?

(1/1)

duh:
Is anyone having trouble getting on DB at the moment.

One of our trusted members has been blocked as
being suggested that they are outside the country.

Which is absurd as they are most definitely here and
a great American.

Anyone else with any problems?

NotBonJovi:
If someone is having a problem accessing the site, I would think would best addressed with an Administrator rather than on than an random commentary on the public board.

Frankly, the 'great American' comment makes me strangely glad they are banned, in spite of the fact I have absolutely no idea to whom you are referring.

Admin0248:
DB has made refinement to our security systems.  People who have been skirting some of our Terms of Service may find that they are now being caught.  (Note:  Had we wanted to, they could have been banned us for their failure to adhere to DB's Terms of Service.

We do not allow access to the board from foreign-based servers. The current modification addresses this.  If you use a US-based server, you should be able to access.

I concur, that any "great American" who has been violating the rules so blatantly, is likely not as "great" an American as is being portrayed.

Also, please be aware that PROXIES are also restricted from using our board.  If we find you using one, you are gone.  No ifs, ands, or buts.  No debate.  Gone.

We will be enhancing our proxy detection schemes over the next few weeks, so if you are using a proxy and suddenly find yourself banned, please don't blame us.

So, the recommendation is, follow our Terms of Service and you'll be able to access the board.  Don't follow them?  Well, it's your choice.

duh:

--- Quote from: Admin0248 on March 03, 2012   02:18:14 AM ---DB has made refinement to our security systems.  People who have been skirting some of our Terms of Service may find that they are now being caught.  (Note:  Had we wanted to, they could have been banned us for their failure to adhere to DB's Terms of Service.

We do not allow access to the board from foreign-based servers. The current modification addresses this.  If you use a US-based server, you should be able to access.

I concur, that any "great American" who has been violating the rules so blatantly, is likely not as "great" an American as is being portrayed.

Also, please be aware that PROXIES are also restricted from using our board.  If we find you using one, you are gone.  No ifs, ands, or buts.  No debate.  Gone.

We will be enhancing our proxy detection schemes over the next few weeks, so if you are using a proxy and suddenly find yourself banned, please don't blame us.

So, the recommendation is, follow our Terms of Service and you'll be able to access the board.  Don't follow them?  Well, it's your choice.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I did not mean to infer anything.

The member did contact an admin. And I did too as they have not heard
back as yet.

I just thought that there might be a glitch somewhere along the way.

As to the great American comment... guess a little too much
Sean Hannity recently.

I will not do it again.

Please accept my apologies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version