Author Topic: Phone calls that should have stopped because I went bankrupt but didn't  (Read 1307 times)

Darrel999

• Valued Member
I filed bankruptcy last year and for the most part all my collection problems went away. No mail or phone calls except for one, Credit Card Services. They robo call me all the time. When I do talk to them and tell them I went bankrupt they promise to take me off the call list. But of course they never do. I tried complaining to the phone company but they will not help and the worst part they are not trying to collect a particular bill but are pitching a way to lower my interest rates on credit card debt I no longer owe. Anybody got any idea how to get this company off my back?

Admin0619

• Administrator
I filed bankruptcy last year and for the most part all my collection problems went away. No mail or phone calls except for one, Credit Card Services. They robo call me all the time. When I do talk to them and tell them I went bankrupt they promise to take me off the call list. But of course they never do. I tried complaining to the phone company but they will not help and the worst part they are not trying to collect a particular bill but are pitching a way to lower my interest rates on credit card debt I no longer owe. Anybody got any idea how to get this company off my back?

Please use line breaks between the subject changes in your post. It streamlines your situation, therefore can streamline the help you receive.

If you have questions or require assistance, please PM an Administrator or Moderator.

The path to success in matters legal is paved in honing the craft of CONCISE communication. We would be in remiss to not strive to put our members on that path.

NotBonJovi

• Valued Member
  • No. I'm really NOT dead.
If you had a bankruptcy lawyer, s/he should be able to help you with that.

Are you sure whatever debt in regard they may be contacting you has been discharged?

Otherwise, send them a DV or similar letter via CMRRR. Let the fun begin.
Helpful Links:
Abbreviations / Search Whole Board / The Flyingifr Method

There are some that push you to fail, but some who push you to succeed. Few realize or know the difference.

Fighting Irish

• Valued Member
They're probably telemarketers.

Read up on the FCRA.
Dang it, Jim! I'm a nurse, not an attorney!

(The rest of you, keep that in mind, too.)

Scarygirl

• Valued Member
They are telemarketers.

KFMAN

• Valued Member
It's a scam.

NotBonJovi

• Valued Member
  • No. I'm really NOT dead.
I'm going with they are probably telemarketers, and likely a scam.
Helpful Links:
Abbreviations / Search Whole Board / The Flyingifr Method

There are some that push you to fail, but some who push you to succeed. Few realize or know the difference.

Fighting Irish

• Valued Member
 :vbrofl:
Dang it, Jim! I'm a nurse, not an attorney!

(The rest of you, keep that in mind, too.)

arnanda

• Valued Member
  • Take it or leave it.
Re: Telemarketers
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012 05:00:02 AM »
Darrel999:  What company are they calling from?

Are you sure it's the same company you've had a previous business relationship?  The FTC allows them to telemarket you 18 months after closing accounts with them. 

I would recommend recording the calls, and getting their address.  I've sent letters certified mail return receipt requested (CMRRR) requesting no more calls to be made for telemarketing services from current creditors. 

However, there are some scam callers that will ask you several questions---they want to lower your interest rate.   They want to know what credit card company you bank with.  They want to know the interest rate, and want to know the card number and expiration.  They're supposedly calling from your bank.  Those are scams, and you'll probably not get any information from them.
TUN - 791/850 (05-28-2014). EQU - 816/850 (01-19-2014). EXP - 796/850 (06-03-2014).
Abbreviations 1st Thread
Abbreviations 2nd Thread
Smurfy's Ease of Use

KFMAN

• Valued Member
We get these calls daily and it's very hard to trace them.

nobk4me

• Valued Member
They are not an actual creditor or debt collector.  They are scammers or telemarketers.

I get these calls a lot.  I let the answering machine take them.
Molon labe

Judgment Proof!

credit