Author Topic: Workmans Comp  (Read 748 times)

atwitsend

• Valued Member
Workmans Comp
« on: January 31, 2012 01:26:47 PM »
In the fall of 2011 I was injured on the job and it fell to Workmans Comp.

I recieved x-rays at the beginning, and then recieved a bill 30 days later.

This I brought to my employers attention , I was not responsible for it as it was Workmans Comp.

Thirty days later AGAIN, end of December , I recieved a past due Invoice, Once again , brought to my Employer.

Yesterday it was sent to collections. Now the Xrays werent the only part of my claim, I had PT for 8 weeks and WC paid all of that.

‎100% of the shots you don't take, Don't go in.

Cocobeauty

• Valued Member
Re: Workmans Comp
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012 03:09:22 PM »
My question is, what is your employer doing about this?  I know someone on Worker's Comp and she definitely makes sure that all paperwork is handled by her employer even to the point of contacting the District Manager of her area.  When she contacted her, things got moving very fast! :vbwoohoo:

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Thank you Sears, NCO, AA and the rest for my toy
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012 05:43:18 PM »
It may be possible that the X-ray doctor does not know it is a Workers Comp claim. In most states the doctors bill Workers Comp directly and the patient never sees a bill. Talk with the doctor.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Morality of Debt? No one ever went to the Nether Regions for not paying a debt.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

atwitsend

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012 12:41:02 AM »
Update, I did contact Workmans Comp on the above issue, and they assure me that they will take care of it.

However, Last week I recieved another dunning letter less than two weeks from the last one I recieved.

When I called the Collection Agency and asked if Workmans Comp had paid them, they said not to worry about the letter, they automatically generate them every 2 weeks?

Im thinking every two weeks? Dont they have to follow the same FDCPA policies?

arnanda

• Valued Member
  • Take it or leave it.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012 12:45:58 AM »
What did the first two letters say?  It could be in the collection department of the OC so it may not fall under the FDCPA. 
TUN - 791/850 (05-28-2014). EQU - 816/850 (01-19-2014). EXP - 796/850 (06-03-2014).
Abbreviations 1st Thread
Abbreviations 2nd Thread
Smurfy's Ease of Use

atwitsend

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012 04:42:32 PM »
The letters that I have recieved are from a company Capitol Recovery Systems, including mini miranders.

atwitsend

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012 04:48:52 PM »
January 24, 2012 and then Again on Feb 3rd

atwitsend

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012 08:22:20 PM »
Demands for payment in less than 30 days of receipt of the initial dunning notice have been determined by the courts to OVERSHADOW AND CONTRADICT the 30 day validation period provided for in the FDCPA.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Thank you Sears, NCO, AA and the rest for my toy
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012 11:14:00 AM »
Want to stop the letters quick? Take the position that since it is a Workers Compensation case you don't owe the doctor anything and never did and that therefore ANY allegation that you do or did owe the doctor anything is a misrepresentation of the legal nature and character of the debt (a word for word FDCPA violation). Inform the CA of this and tell them (if you want to be nice) that the next letter you get from them,and that includes a Christmas Card, better have a $1000 check payable to you enclosed or they will be sued. If you don't want to be nice, just sue now.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Morality of Debt? No one ever went to the Nether Regions for not paying a debt.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

NotBonJovi

• Valued Member
  • No. I'm really NOT dead.
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012 02:28:29 PM »
Do you have proof the PT bill was paid?

What precisely are you claiming as "overshadowing" in the second letter?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012 02:50:19 PM by NotBonJovi »
Helpful Links:
Abbreviations / Search Whole Board / The Flyingifr Method

There are some that push you to fail, but some who push you to succeed. Few realize or know the difference.