Author Topic: Anyone know what Chase is doing with delinquent accounts?  (Read 3948 times)

Fighting Irish

• Valued Member
Re: Anyone know what Chase is doing with delinquent accounts?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012 03:12:36 PM »
Why would you want to include anything that is detrimental to your case?

Might as well take the paper and burn it.

Once you are in arb, you can then graciously accept the DE law as governing the case, in the conference call.

Having that nailed down, later, you can point out the SOL for DE.

Dang it, Jim! I'm a nurse, not an attorney!

(The rest of you, keep that in mind, too.)

lisser

• Valued Member
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012 12:10:20 AM »
Why would you want to include anything that is detrimental to your case?

Might as well take the paper and burn it.

Once you are in arb, you can then graciously accept the DE law as governing the case, in the conference call.

Having that nailed down, later, you can point out the SOL for DE.

Obviously I don't believe I've included anything detrimental to my case.

I filed a MTC and the JDB attorney then filed an objection to my MTC along with a MSJ.

I took each point that the JDB attorney put in their objection to my MTC and supported why the court should dismiss their objection.

I took each point that the JDB put in their MSJ and provided support on why the court should dismiss their MSJ and grant in my favor.

Fighting Irish

• Valued Member
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012 12:13:31 AM »
If you are quoting state rulings that weaken the right to arbitration, that is detrimental to your case.

USSC trumps state case law.

Use the USSC, and ignore the state stuff.
Dang it, Jim! I'm a nurse, not an attorney!

(The rest of you, keep that in mind, too.)

WardOfTheCourt

• Valued Member
  • I C U
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2012 08:59:06 PM »
As for Chase and alleged delinquent accounts...

March 2011 several unsigned dunning letters from Frederick J. Hanna & Associates, P.C.
Timely DV letter sent to Hanna via USPS CMRRR.

April 2011 letter received on Chase letterhead stating "A thorough investigation was completed in response to your inquiry (presumably forwarded from F.J. Hanna to Chase) regarding your credit card account. We have determined that the account balance is accurate." Curiously that letter did not mention any account balance yet requested a payment be sent to a P.O. Box in DE. The bottom of the letter stated, "Account is owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A."

Nothing else until:
March 2012 a couple of dunning letters from ARS National Services, Inc. from their Escondido, CA office.
The second ARS letter included an offer to settle for 70% of alleged claim. (Seem to recall a much better offer direct from Chase long ago.)
Timely DV letter sent to ARS via USPS CMRRR.

No other response to date.
All warfare is based on deception. | Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance. The Art of War by Sun Tzu

BigSal

• Valued Member
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012 06:42:01 PM »
I'm in Michigan.  I received a Hanna letter way back in late 2011.  I DV'ed under the FDCPA and Michigan law and requested arb.  I haven't heard a thing from them since.

If you need legal advice, go see a lawyer.

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012 08:09:34 PM »
Also, if the state stuff is overruled by the USSC opinion, it is no longer a valid opinion. 

Learn about  "Shepardizing a case"   See:  http://www.lectlaw.com/files/lwr17.htm

credit