Author Topic: McLemore and Edington, PLLC of Knoxville, TN  (Read 2813 times)

aliciamc01

• Valued Member
McLemore and Edington, PLLC of Knoxville, TN
« on: February 16, 2012 12:26:43 AM »
So, Ive been making payments to this collection attorney McLemore and Edington since November and was told that the pending court case against myself and my husband, an Active Duty US Soldier was going to be cancelled since I was on a payment arrangement. Well, I found out today the very hard way that the Paul McLemore, the lawyer, decided to go ahead and process a judgement against my husband and myself and sent some paperwork to the local court systems here in Montgomery County and they issued a Bank Levy against our joint bank account this afternoon. When I contacted his office, he informed me that he didn't have to send me anything in regards to this being done and that it was the court's fault. After having called the courts, their clerks informed me that this man was lying, that he is responsible for the whole thing and that he could fax them a form to remove the levy if he wanted to. Otherwise, I will have to go downtown to them in the am and file a motion against this man to get our money back and then I guess I'm just otherwise. This is a pure nightmare! Everywhere I have looked it helpless...any suggestions? I need to know how to deal with vultures like this!

KFMAN

• Valued Member
Re: McLemore and Edington, PLLC of Knoxville, TN
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012 12:35:47 AM »
Thanks goes to both of you for Serving as it's hard on everybody involved.

Terms of Service

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?board=3.0

KFMAN

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012 12:49:20 AM »
Were you notified of the Lawsuit?

Did you show up for court?

I think active duty has some extra protection as some lawsuits state not in Armed Forces.

Can you prove the CA lied to you and did the attorney send you a letter stating they didn't send you any information?

Did they notify of of the Motion for Summary Judgment hearing?

How much is the ALLEGED debt?

Who owns it?

Is this a credit card debt?

Have you received FREE copies of you credit reports BY MAIL to see who owns the alleged debt?

Do you know what FDCPA is?

I think a consumer lawyer might eat this issue up.

FDCPA (Made Easy)

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=5159.0

Admin0619

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012 03:12:14 AM »
So, Ive been making payments to this collection attorney McLemore and Edington since November and was told that the pending court case against myself and my husband, an Active Duty US Soldier was going to be cancelled since I was on a payment arrangement. Well, I found out today the very hard way that the Paul McLemore, the lawyer, decided to go ahead and process a judgement against my husband and myself and sent some paperwork to the local court systems here in Montgomery County and they issued a Bank Levy against our joint bank account this afternoon. When I contacted his office, he informed me that he didn't have to send me anything in regards to this being done and that it was the court's fault. After having called the courts, their clerks informed me that this man was lying, that he is responsible for the whole thing and that he could fax them a form to remove the levy if he wanted to. Otherwise, I will have to go downtown to them in the am and file a motion against this man to get our money back and then I guess I'm just <removed> now how to deal with vultures like this!

Please use line breaks/paragraphs between subject changes in your post. This breaks it up and makes it easier to read.

If you have questions or require assistance, please PM an Administrator or Moderator.

The path to success in matters legal is paved in honing the craft of CONCISE communication. We would be in remiss to not strive to put our members on that path.

Fighting Irish

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012 04:11:57 AM »
Check the SCRA--Serviceman's Civil Relief Act.

It protects active duty military, both male and female from the very thing that just happened to you.

It also limits the amount of interest that can be charged, in some circumstances.

Do you live near a base? It's possible that you can find a military attorney to represent you.

Good luck!
Dang it, Jim! I'm a nurse, not an attorney!

(The rest of you, keep that in mind, too.)

Ewinmore

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012 04:09:47 AM »
Did you default on payments? How did they issue the bank levy without a judgment?  Did you appear in court?  In my experience collection Attorney will never cancel court dates. Did you not go to the court date assigned to you? If you fail to appear in court nobody will protect your rights.

Admin0619

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012 09:14:36 AM »
Did you default on payments? How did they issue the bank levy without a judgment?  Did you appear in court?  In my experience collection Attorney will never cancel court dates. Did you not go to the court date assigned to you? If you fail to appear in court nobody will protect your rights.

Once again, take a breath between subject changes.

Please use line breaks.

kevinmanheim

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012 10:13:02 AM »
Do you live near a base? It's possible that you can find a military attorney to represent you.
+1

Go to the base JAG office and ask for assistance.