Suing Your Creditors > Sample Pleadings

Please critique my motion to vacate judgment (see attachment).

(1/2) > >>

IOU2MUCH:
I would appreciate any comments or suggestions for my MVJ.  I have 7 days left to file it.
Background: sued by OC Discover for $8,200, I MTC soon after served and it was granted. But the Court set another hearing which I missed.  Maryland Court entered affidavit judgment in favor of the plaintiff.
Thanks again, this is a great forum very empowering!

KFMAN:
So why did you miss it?

CleaningUp:
Generally, work is not an excuse to miss a court date.

And if it was truly impossible, the court is going to ask why you didn't seek a continuance to another, more convenient date.

IOU2MUCH:

--- Quote from: CleaningUp on February 03, 2012   05:26:56 PM ---Generally, work is not an excuse to miss a court date.

And if it was truly impossible, the court is going to ask why you didn't seek a continuance to another, more convenient date.

--- End quote ---
I see your point thanks. I'm wondering if I should leave that part out and hope the judge will vacate based on the previous MTC.

IOU2MUCH:

--- Quote from: KFMAN on February 03, 2012   05:20:32 PM ---So why did you miss it?

--- End quote ---
I had a work commitment come up and I thought the case was stayed pending arbitration because the court sent me a letter indicating the MTC was granted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version