Author Topic: Best Online Bank?  (Read 1655 times)

rscottalcorn

• Valued Member
Best Online Bank?
« on: January 16, 2012 04:57:51 PM »
I am starting to make myself "judgment proof".  Could someone please provide me with some suggestions for online banks they use?

Fighting Irish

• Valued Member
Re: Best Online Bank?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012 05:49:57 PM »
Take care.

Holding your money in unexpected places can protect you from a surprise deletion from your account.

But it won't protect you from a full blown debtor's exam, where you can be held in contempt of court, should you neglect to reveal all cash accounts.
Dang it, Jim! I'm a nurse, not an attorney!

(The rest of you, keep that in mind, too.)

rscottalcorn

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012 07:18:08 PM »
any suggestions for an online bank?

Admin0248

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012 09:14:55 PM »
Debtorboards does not recommend or endorse any bank or financial institution.

Members are advised to do appropriate due diligence in making a selection of one that meets one's needs.

Fighting Irish

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012 03:21:18 AM »
Google "online bank."

Read the descriptions, and pick one that seems to meet your needs.

survivor23

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012 04:32:43 AM »
Best online "banks" are not banks at all, but credit unions. some have very lose rules on what it is to be a member. Check for credit unions in NJ. Some only require that you have a certain cell phone carrier, etc..

I like credit unions, because they dont seem to pull as much funny stuff as the banks do. Definitely they are more fee friendly.

And even better, open up a business account.

Research states that have privacy laws regarding what is required. That is the next step I am going do. For some reason New Mexico comes to mind, something I read long time ago, but I don t know for sure by experience, and things change all the time. But check it out.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Thank you Sears, NCO, AA and the rest for my toy
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012 01:22:11 AM »
any suggestions for an online bank?

One located far away from where you live. It's not the "online" that would be important but the probability of the bank being found that is important. Skip Tracers and collectors tend to look at banks near where you live and work.

Read "Making Yourself Judgment proof" in the Flyingifr Method.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Morality of Debt? No one ever went to the Nether Regions for not paying a debt.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

repair77

• Valued Member
    • Eminem
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012 03:13:15 PM »
I would recommend: Discover, Ally, and ING. 

Admin0248

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012 03:30:53 PM »
Debtorboards does not recommend or endorse any bank or financial institution.

Members are advised to do appropriate due diligence in making a selection of one that meets one's needs.

For those who did not read our previous post:

Readers are reminded that the recommendation here is the poster's and the poster's alone.

DB is not in the business of recommending and firm or bank, and readers are advised to do appropriate due diligence BEFORE they engage in business with any firm or bank.

Tony733

• Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012 05:12:37 PM »
I would recommend: Discover, Ally, and ING.

ING is now owned by Cap 1 don't think you really want to go there.

Fighting Irish

• Valued Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012 10:40:55 PM »
For that matter, GMAC owns Ally.

arnanda

• Valued Member
  • Take it or leave it.
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012 05:44:11 AM »
This is my personal opinion, and is not endorsed by this forum as stated above.

I have done online banking with Discover and ING Direct (which merged with Capital One). 

I have had good experiences.  They don't have as many fees as they used to.  ING Direct is very consumer friendly and fee-free in many situations.  I'm not sure what will happen when the merger is finalized with Capital One.

There are websites out there that let users review banks, you can check out on Google by putting bank rating or credit cards.  It comes up with websites that review various banks.
TUN - 791/850 (11-03-2014). EQU - 802/850 (11-04-2014). EXP - 789/850 (10-01-2014).
Abbreviations 1st Thread
Abbreviations 2nd Thread
Smurfy's Ease of Use

silverzgirl

• Valued Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012 11:03:16 AM »
ING will pull your credit though, if you want a checking account. I was denied a couple of years ago.
“Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.”  - Sun-Tzu

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I once thought I was a lawyer when I was litigating in a courtroom, but turns out I just had Patron induced bed spins and dreamed it all. Take my posts with a grain of salt...and a shot of Patron. But not so much you think you are a lawyer.

credit