Author Topic: Served by equable ascent financial  (Read 1860 times)

notdeadyet-ok

• Valued Member
Served by equable ascent financial
« on: January 08, 2012 06:14:23 AM »
I got a summons today listing

Equable Ascent Financial,
assignee of Chase Bank USA, N.A. (WAMU)

I guess the big question here is to hire an attorney or not.  Anyone know an agressive attorney in Oklahoma City?

Are my chances better of them dropping this thing if I have an Attorney?

They flat out refuse to provide any info on this debt what so ever.  I have no idea that it is all about No valadation nothing.

it took them 3 months to serve it.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012 07:22:42 AM by notdeadyet-ok »

Admin3496

• Administrator
Re: Served by equable ascent financial
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012 06:17:18 PM »
Debtorboards does not endorse, nor recommend, attorneys.

If one is seeking an attorney, it is suggested that you research the ones available in your area.

DB is a resource for self-teaching and understanding the dynamics of debt collection relative to consumer law.

cprems

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012 06:20:04 AM »
How old is the alleged debt?

Is the OC still reporting? Is it listed as sold/transferred to another lender?

Are they currently reporting the alleged debt?

Did you ever send a DV letter?

If it were my issue, I would read everything on here regarding arbitration.

I got a summons today listing

Equable Ascent Financial,
assignee of Chase Bank USA, N.A. (WAMU)

I guess the big question here is to hire an attorney or not.  Anyone know an agressive attorney in Oklahoma City?

Are my chances better of them dropping this thing if I have an Attorney?

They flat out refuse to provide any info on this debt what so ever.  I have no idea that it is all about No valadation nothing.

<Removed> it took them 3 months to serve it.
ALL my postings have NO legal value.

I AM the "village idiot" please hold my posts to this standard.

If you need legal Counsel - contact an Attorney.

tiredinarkansas

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012 01:26:59 PM »
I've done some research on Equable Ascent, formerly Hillco.  I found that they buy alot of the debts that they pursue, and they use the same tactics as they used when they operated under the name Hillco. 

They are not very nice people, but then, has anyone ever met a "nice" debt collector? 
Disclaimer!  I am not an attorney, but a lowly housewife with financial issues.  I do not pretend to be an attorney or anything other than a lowly housewife with financial issues.  My "advice" or "suggestions" are not to be taken as legal advice, but as my personal opinions and ramblings which are based on my own research and experiences.  Do your own research and if you choose to take actions based on something I say, do so at your own risk.

znb

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012 03:20:19 AM »
If it were my issue, I would read everything on here regarding arbitration.

+1

I'm not an attorney, and I have no legal background. Please don't delude yourself into taking my ramblings as legal advice.

My only super power is the ability to read and comprehend information quickly. I wanted it to be something cool like flying or bending spoons with my mind, but I took the hand I was dealt and am making the best of it. ;)

newtfile

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012 05:19:16 PM »
I settled one at 35% with them.......BEFORE I found this site.

I now feel I could easily have beat them down using arbitration, or if it went to court...chain of ownership..or both.

HeadsUp

• Valued Member
  • judgment proof
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012 05:45:35 PM »
I've done some research on Equable Ascent, formerly Hillco.  I found that they buy alot of the debts that they pursue, and they use the same tactics as they used when they operated under the name Hillco. 

They are not very nice people, but then, has anyone ever met a "nice" debt collector?

Ah yes, this is what became of good old Hilco Receivables.  They came after me for an old Wells Fargo account about 5 and a half years ago.

They bounced the account around to collection agency after collection agency, and I sent them the nastiest and dirtiest of FOAD letters I've ever written, and I did a lot of rather immature, even childish bathroom humor phone conversations with them whenever their collection agencies called.

They never sued me, and eventually fell silent. 

Before they fell silent, they did hire a local collection agency to investigate me and my employment and assets, and I guess they didn't like what they found.

When they suddenly became Equable Ascent, I expected to hear from them again, but so far, nothing.

I would like to think that they looked at my account and all the horrible, nasty letters from me, and said to themselves, "why bother?"  But who knows.  Maybe I'll hear from them again.  Maybe I can get them at some point for threatening legal action on an account which is now beyond the SOL.
Finally a collector admits it...

"The reality is that there are people who can't pay and the job of an agency in my opinion is to separate those who can and those who cant and to not waste resources and efforts on those who cant." -- Dr. Evil.

All this nonsense about aggressive judgment enforcement against someone with no assets is just that-- utter nonsense.

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=13309.msg100303#msg100303