Author Topic: Bud Hibbs' website: budhibbs.com  (Read 12162 times)

Rottweiler

Bud Hibbs' website: budhibbs.com
« on: October 31, 2005 01:29:52 AM »
I have a "favorite"  first source I recommend that anyone who needs to "check out" that CA/JDB who has just contacted them:  Go look at Bud Hibbs' website.

www.budhibbs.com

The whole site can turn up useful information   But the most useful, for us, is his "dossiers" on a lot of the major players in the collection industry who don't behave!  And, he now takes statements/information directly from consumers who have had the (almost always) misfortune of dealing with his "Collection Agencies To Avoid":

http://www.budhibbs.com/coll_to_avoid_list.htm

The "Watch List" for those who are not yet in the "Avoid" column:

http://www.budhibbs.com/agency_watch_list.htm

And...the ultimate " booby prize" list:  "America's Worst Collection Agencies":

http://www.budhibbs.com/am_worst_collection.htm

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Thank you Sears, NCO, AA and the rest for my toy
Re: Bud Hibbs' website: budhibbs.com
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005 03:06:25 PM »
While I admire Bud Hibbs, I do have some problems with his Site. They are:

1. If you download his e-book "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" you must realize that much of the information in it is outdated. I have pointed this out to him and he says he is re-witing the book. I offered to help but got no response.

2. The whole premise of "CA's to Avoid" is laughable - as if the debtor has a CHOICE as to which CA a creditor would choose. Putting on my old, dusty bill collector hat, I would make it a point to USE any CA on his list, since the most aggressive CA is supposedly the one most likely to collect.

3. The site is, after all, attempting to drum up business for him, like Bill Bauer's Creditwrench site. While I would ordinarily never mention Bill Bauer and Bud Hibbs names in the same breath, in this instance they both have created their "debtor help" sites in a way to give out useless information in order to get you to purchase what is supposedly useful information. That's a far cry from Debtorboards, AoC, CN, CreditInsiders and CreditinfoCenter which are truly free and can provide the same information truly free of charge. In all honesty I will admit that I have never purchased either Bauer's or Hibbs' products and have no first hand knowledge of the value of the information they sell. I can say that I was able to do the same thing they promise (credit repair, avoiding and/or stopping creditor lawsuits, removal of derog TL's and suing for FCRA/FDCPA violations) without them, and I never paid a penny for the information I obtained to be able to do it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005 03:11:31 PM by Flyingifr »
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Morality of Debt? No one ever went to the Nether Regions for not paying a debt.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

Rottweiler

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005 04:20:30 PM »
True, he is trying to drum up business.  No argument there.

Also, his book is outdated...so is a lot of materials dealing with credit and collections!  Even the discussion boards' archives are full of information that no longer is valid.  The credit and collection industry changes so fast, stuff that is only a year or two old may be next to useless! 

I interpret "Agencies to Avoid" not as meaning the alleged debtor has a choice in where the account ends up!   The term, rather, is a simple warning to not "deal" with certain agencies because the ones listed are repeat FDCPA offenders, and have no respect for their involuntary "customers".  These are the ones we so often discuss on the boards...the ones that the alleged debtor often has no more chance of dealing with successfully, outside of a Court action, than they would surviving an Antartic  winter storm dressed in only a swimsuit and "flip-flops"!

The reason I direct people to Bud Hibbs' site is as a "first look" at the CA/JDB they are dealing with.  NOT as the "end all and be all"; a "Google" search, for most people, will often turn up so much that they become overwhelmed if they don't know where to start sorting it  all out..  Hibbs' site gives that "clue" the user needs to start the more exhaustive search for information on their "pursuers".

flacorps

• Valued Member
  • Author of Debt Hope in Trade Paperback
    • Learn to Solve Your Own Debt Problems
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012 03:46:50 PM »
RIP Bud Hibbs.
"History has taught us that weakness is provocative. To the extent that people see an area of weakness, they will take advantage of it..." - Donald Rumsfeld

http://www.myhopeseries.com

WinningTheBattle2010

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012 09:29:51 PM »
   Where's Rottie?

I liked Rotties posts. 

RIP BUD.

WTB
I DONATE , do you?
I am not a lawyer, any/all information on my answers should be considered my thoughts only, Not Legal Advice.

rb62

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012 06:41:12 PM »
Like any site, you have to make sure the info is up to date. With the speed at which the law is changing in this area the info you see could be out of date tomorrow!

rsr

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013 09:48:13 PM »
I checked his site today and GO Daddy listed it as not functional any more. The domain is up for sale. There were several people who were trying to keep the associated sites up, but I cannot find them at the moment.

altony

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013 04:49:45 PM »
the website isnt functional anymore. domain is up for sale

Admin0248

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013 04:58:57 PM »
Other than the demise of Budd Hibbs and his website going dark, we fail to see the continuing relevance of this topic to the matters at hand.

It is time to move on.

This thread is now locked.

credit