Author Topic: prosper.com - how should I handle this?  (Read 585 times)

CntrlF8

• Valued Member
prosper.com - how should I handle this?
« on: March 06, 2012 06:23:14 PM »
So, I've got an account from prosper.com on my credit report, reporting as "charge off" every month.  I'm assuming these entries go back as far as 4 years.

Is there anything I can do about this?  Would a dispute be of any value, since it appears they're continuing to report it?  What about offering a PFD?  Any opinions on that?

silverzgirl

• Valued Member
Re: prosper.com - how should I handle this?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012 06:33:55 PM »
I believe they can report a charge off every month if the status is correct. What they cannot do is change the date of the charge off.

BoA just did this to me; re-re-reported a CO from two years ago two days ago. I have to check the date (did not affect my score so I think the date is okay.) They seem to pop up once a year, but I just bought a house so I am sure they are fishing for information.
“Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.”  - Sun-Tzu

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I once thought I was a lawyer when I was litigating in a courtroom, but turns out I just had Patron induced bed spins and dreamed it all. Take my posts with a grain of salt...and a shot of Patron. But not so much you think you are a lawyer.

KFMAN

• Valued Member
Re: prosper.com - how should I handle this?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012 06:52:01 PM »
So, I've got an account from prosper.com on my credit report, reporting as "charge off" every month.  I'm assuming these entries go back as far as 4 years.

Is there anything I can do about this?  Would a dispute be of any value, since it appears they're continuing to report it?  What about offering a PFD?  Any opinions on that?
What is the SOL in your state? 

They may not be able to sue you for it.

credit