Author Topic: Call from 888-211-9377  (Read 863 times)

nanalarison

• Valued Member
Call from 888-211-9377
« on: March 22, 2013 01:11:26 AM »
Got a call stating from some Lawyer Firm, couldn't catch the name, talked too fast. Wanted to verify my name after he called me Anita and my name is Annette. Then of course my ss# and dob came next. Told him I would not verify my ss# but said I would my bd if he would give it to me correctly, well the month and date was wrong!!  He said that I had missed the summons papers and he wanted to verify I was the correct person.  He told me the last 3 numbers of my social but I would not verify them and he said if I wouldn't do that, we couldn't continue the conversation. I told him fine because if he couldn't tell me what it was all about that I really didn't see any sense in waisting my time or his.  Tried to reverse the toll free number and couldn't do it.  Fell like another SCAM.  I have had them before like that.  THEY ARE COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

altony

• Valued Member
Re: Call from 888-211-9377
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013 01:59:31 PM »
Check and call the clerk of your local courts to verify that You might have been sued.

Also send these people a debt validation letter and treat them like a collector.

I would call the local small claims, magistrate court to find out if i am sued or it could be a tactic from the debt collector to scare You and its a FDCPA violation

credit