Author Topic: No response to Validation Letter  (Read 1070 times)

jerrichopetra

• Valued Member
No response to Validation Letter
« on: March 22, 2011 12:34:03 PM »
I have a collection account LVNV Funding LLC. I disputed account with the CRA and they "verified it". So I sent a Debt Validation letter to LVNV and they have not responded in 30 days. I also sent a Debt Validation letter to FirstSource LLC that listed LVNV as a creditor a week after I disputed on the CRA. What do I do after both these companies do not respond to my DV Letter? Do I send copies to the CRA asking them to delete the account? Follow up to the CAs?

kevinmanheim

• Valued Member
Re: No response to Validation Letter
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011 12:55:48 PM »
Do you have proof you sent the DV's?

Sending a DV, and them failing to respond, does not mean they must remove it from your credit report. All they are required to do is mark it as disputed.

What is your goal?

jerrichopetra

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011 08:24:21 PM »
Yes I have proof I sent both DV letters. My goal is to have this collection account deleted. The original account that they have never validated was 300 dollar credit limit. They are seeking 1465.

kevinmanheim

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011 08:27:16 PM »
As long as it is accurate, there is no requirement for them to delete the tradeline, even if you pay.

You did all you could with the DV. If they contact you again, and they haven't provided validation, you could sue for a FDCPA violation. If they don't contact you, there's not much you can do until the accounts fall off about 7 years after you defaulted.

coltfan1972

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011 12:53:38 AM »
If they are not marking the account in dispute, on your report, then that is a FCRA violation.
Scroggin succeed in making this case an expensive nightmare for both CBOJ and its counsel.
Scroggin made a "mockery" out of CBOJ's deposition.

Scroggin made "perverted one-liners" during his deposition.
Scroggin called CBOJ'S counsel "a little witch"

Scroggin used the FDCPA as a "sword of intimidation."
Scroggin loves suing debt collectors.

Scroggin is proud of his behavior and "unapologetic."

Rebecca Worsham - Lead Counsel, Scroggin v. CBOJ- 3:12-cv-128, Eastern District of Ark.

transborder

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011 06:41:22 PM »
Check your credit report carefully - look for date of last activity. LVNV will attempt to re-age the debt - using their acquisition date as a proxy for last activity. I caught them doing this in my own case... it's a violation of both the FCRA and the FDCPA.