Author Topic: Pay for Delete is Illegal  (Read 14734 times)

qsmom

• Valued Member
  • DB Undergrad
Re: Pay for Delete is Illegal
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2011 09:17:03 PM »
 Devil
"FCRA does state that when a consumer disputes a TL and the source of that TL does not verify it, the TL must be deleted."

What is TL - is it the same as VOD?  Cuz I have a couple who have not responded, or have even sent another collection letter...what next?
So much knowledge in one place!

qsmom

• Valued Member
  • DB Undergrad
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011 09:20:33 PM »
Duh...TL=trade line.

But I still have the "what next question"...

newbie!
So much knowledge in one place!

kennypowers

• Valued Member
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2011 10:09:50 PM »
You know if those admins would consult APA, Strunk and White, Turabian, et al they would find acronyms should only be used after the intial complete spelling.

I think for all the newbies, I will do as the English books do.
See that puppy dog sleepin' over in the corner.

Don't bother him.

BigCrawley

• Valued Member
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2011 10:17:44 PM »
<removed> Kenny.  :vbrofl:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011 10:53:45 PM by Admin3496 »
A lot of debtors don't care about getting sued, a few really sick ones look forward to it. -coltfan1972

Admin0248

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2011 10:49:11 PM »
The New York Times Style Manual requires a person to be referenced as Mr./Mrs./Ms. after the first use of the name, too.

The administrators decide at their sole discretion where the minimum standard shall lie.

Poster is admonished for hijacking the OP's thread for his own purposes.  :tos:

arnanda

• Valued Member
  • Take it or leave it.
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011 11:37:14 PM »
Devil
"FCRA does state that when a consumer disputes a TL and the source of that TL does not verify it, the TL must be deleted."

Yes, if you dispute something on your credit report they have 30 days to respond to the investigation (45 days if you provide them additional information during the investigation). 

What is TL - is it the same as VOD?  Cuz I have a couple who have not responded, or have even sent another collection letter...what next?

Trade line is the item that appears on your credit report.  I highly recommend reading what credit reports are, here's a wonderful website to tell you about it:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/personal-finance/debt-management/credit-report.htm

VOD means Validation of Debt which is requesting proof of the debt.  Requesting VOD is not the same as filing a dispute on the credit report. 

For example, if you file a dispute with the credit bureaus, they won't request VOD.  If you write a dispute letter to the collection agency (VOD) they have to stop collection efforts until they provide the proof to you. If they have it on your credit report they have to mark a dispute. 
TUN - 791/850 (05-28-2014). EQU - 816/850 (01-19-2014). EXP - 789/850 (08-07-2014).
Abbreviations 1st Thread
Abbreviations 2nd Thread
Smurfy's Ease of Use

credit