Author Topic: Credit Boards Discussions  (Read 10203 times)

Rottweiler

• "SIT!" "Stay!" "Watch OUT!"
  • Valued Member
  • Talent does what it can; genius does what it must
    • Debtor Talk:  "Tough Love" for the Collection Industry.
Credit Boards Discussions
« on: April 09, 2006 06:21:13 PM »
CB=CreditBoards, another discussion board dealing with credit repair.  Probably the largest one, with almost 30,000 members according to their claims.  Much less litigious than DB (and AoC), they concentrate on the "old-school" "Letter-writer" style of credit repair.
“This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice."
~ Olver Wendell Holmes

FrankieFreaky

• Valued Member
Re: Abbreviations Used - How to translate
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006 07:21:20 PM »
CB=CreditBoards, another discussion board dealing with credit repair.  Probably the largest one, with almost 30,000 members according to their claims.  Much less litigious than DB (and AoC), they concentrate on the "old-school" "Letter-writer" style of credit repair.

So you think they doctor their numbers?!?   ???

Wow.

Rottweiler

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006 07:25:39 PM »
NO...I just don't have access to their stats...so I am using what they claim is the right number.
~ Olver Wendell Holmes

hurricanesfans27

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006 07:27:40 PM »
they have a list of every member on that board including the banned members.

Rottweiler

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006 07:31:48 PM »
Not available to just anyone:  You have to be a member and sign in to see the active Members board at DB; no board I know of allows regular users to access an unidentifiable "Banned users" database.  That includes DB--I've tried it.  (The names may come up during a search, but they cannot be located by most users any other way.)
~ Olver Wendell Holmes

hurricanesfans27

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006 07:35:36 PM »
they have search terms for spammers and jail .. not necessarily for banned but you can search the locked threads for that. 

Grey Fox

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006 07:40:55 PM »
If I can verify that your board has 293 members (look at the top right) wouldn't you be able to verify the CB numbers?

Dabster

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006 07:41:19 PM »
Who cares how many members a board like CB or this one has?  Are all 293 (current count) of your members legitimate members?  or could it be that some people have more than one login?  I know Dr. Evil has about 6.

I think I have 3 on CB.  So, who cares?
My thoughts can best be described in song:

I don't think I'm different or in any way unique
Think about yourself for a minute
And you'll find the answer in it
Everyones a freak

Grey Fox

• Valued Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006 07:42:40 PM »
Looks like any guest (I just tried) can access this information from the creditboards main page.

Our members have made a total of 1,405,259 posts
We have 29,397 registered members
The newest member is margo
Most users ever online was 891 on Mar 25 2006, 07:26 PM

FrankieFreaky

• Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006 07:46:36 PM »
I guess you can't search for just banned members but if you are logged in and click on members up top, the default sets to 10 results per page and there are 2937 pages.  seems their claim is backed up but it does require some basic math, i guess.  2937 times 10 is 29370 or at least it was in my second grade math class. I reacted to those words because in reading here its pretty obvious that you have some issues with CB and that looked like a pretty backhanded way of insulting them.  didnt really fit in with the claims of interboard harmony that i saw in another thread?

edited to add to someone else that i have 2 logins here because i couldn't remember my other password.

Rottweiler

• Valued Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006 07:49:37 PM »
No, I was just repeating what I was told is the correct figure. By an insider.  Nothing more.

BTW:  All you got is the "raw" figures anyone can find.  If you were to try to find information on particular members, especially those no longer in good standing, it might not be so easy to do.  Does not matter, anyway.
~ Olver Wendell Holmes

FrankieFreaky

• Valued Member
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006 08:02:20 PM »
No, I was just repeating what I was told is the correct figure. By an insider.  Nothing more.

BTW:  All you got is the "raw" figures anyone can find.  If you were to try to find information on particular members, especially those no longer in good standing, it might not be so easy to do.  Does not matter, anyway.

no i guess it doesnt matter.  you would defend your choice of words right up until you deleted the posts anyway.  i just though it was a weird choice of words in there.  i will go back to lurking now before i get banned or all of my posts deleted or edited.

Grey Fox

• Valued Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2006 08:20:32 PM »

no i guess it doesnt matter.  you would defend your choice of words right up until you deleted the posts anyway.  i just though it was a weird choice of words in there.  i will go back to lurking now before i get banned or all of my posts deleted or edited.

Me too.  I was doing a good job of keeping my mouth shut lately  ;D

hurricanesfans27

• Valued Member
Re: Credit Boards Discussions
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2006 10:02:27 PM »
I have one login here and on CB the name is the same to protect the innocent.  bashing CB wont make this board anymore populated only time will do that.  As far as CB having almost 30k members yes but I think maybe 5% are regular posters but thats everywhere you goes.  DB probably has a greater percentage of members posting but that isnt hard to do with 294 members.  AOC had thousands of members but it was nowhere near what CB had in postings and half the time it was dead or down.  If Keener wants to sue other boards Im sure he will try but let him spend his money and waste ..  no court likes a Vexatious litigant and hes proving to be a big one like LK was.

foolsmission

• Valued Member
Re: Credit Boards Discussions
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006 10:49:36 PM »
I have one login here and on CB the name is the same to protect the innocent.  bashing CB wont make this board anymore populated only time will do that.  As far as CB having almost 30k members yes but I think maybe 5% are regular posters but thats everywhere you goes.  DB probably has a greater percentage of members posting but that isnt hard to do with 294 members.  AOC had thousands of members but it was nowhere near what CB had in postings and half the time it was dead or down.  If Keener wants to sue other boards Im sure he will try but let him spend his money and waste ..  no court likes a Vexatious litigant and hes proving to be a big one like LK was.

Thanks for having one name. I'm a simple kinda guy.
I tend to read the posts by the regulars who's name are familiar at this point in my credit repair.
When I first statrted I read every post but friends started worrying about me.