Author Topic: The List you WANT to be on!!!!  (Read 21602 times)

survivor23

• Valued Member
Re: The List you WANT to be on!!!!
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2011 03:33:46 PM »
"So you let a few cheap defaults pile up.  You don't put up any fight because really they can't get anything from you.  Then your luck changes, the economy picks up, or you land that job you have been working on.  It is three or four years later and then bam those lawsuits you did not care about have their hands out wanting their money. 
"

this is soooooooooo true. The banks pulled the rug out from underneath me because their economic model had changed, (I did not miss a payment or anything), but they called in the loans, shut off my lines. One line, I actually paid off $50K, and they just shut the line off. I should've used the money to grow my business, but instead, I was crippled. I could not even pay on the other lines I had with the banks. they took my money!

So now, they are looking up my company on the internet, and they see I did not go out of business. They are asking for their money now.

I try to bear in mind that my economic situation is temporary, and always fight, no matter what. Yeah, I am very depressed, and some days I dont care, but I think about just what you said.

KFMAN

• Valued Member
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2011 04:25:16 PM »
Other than subscribing to their service, how can a consumer find out if their on that list?  Do any members here, have access to it?

cgoodwin

• Valued Member
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2011 08:38:17 PM »

My point is, a lot of these lawfirms, they are poorly managed. I doubt this list would do much good, but thanks for posting this!! VERY INTERESTING!

It is usually the collection agency's or JDB that get the account before the attorneys that subscribe to the list.  They are the ones that decide it is not worth the additional exposure to pursue these claims

Other than subscribing to their service, how can a consumer find out if their on that list?  Do any members here, have access to it?

You can request a copy of their report on you on their website.  I decided not to since they ask for some a release to discuss the case with "any defendants"
If you think this is legal advise.......
ask yourself why I wasn't smart enough to avoid this myself?!?

ikuomanero

• Valued Member
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2012 05:39:06 PM »
Sorry, anyone who buys that list is a <Removed>.

What it says is very much like saying "here's a list of dates when it snowed in Omaha." It's not that useful predictor for saying that January 18, 2012 is going to be inclement. The best it can do is a definite maybe."

Not to hijack outright, but it was actually a clear day in Omaha on January 18th 2012.  Also, add Feb 3rd 2012 to the list of snow days.

Just my observation from the other side of the Missouri River.  :vbrofl:
To all newcomers to this board: when you post, always use correct punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure. 

By doing this, not only will you receive more replies to your questions, but you will be laying the ground works to success...both in the courts, and in real life.

Feel the pain of discipline, or feel the pain of regret.

HeadsUp

• Valued Member
  • judgment proof
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2013 12:07:18 PM »
I think this is something a lot of people miss.  If you are down and out right now you don't feel like fighting.  You don't really care what happens.  What is a judgement really going to mean for you.  You have no money, so who cares.  I know the depressed feeling.  You just don't care.

So you let a few cheap defaults pile up.  You don't put up any fight because really they can't get anything from you.  Then your luck changes, the economy picks up, or you land that job you have been working on.  It is three or four years later and then bam those lawsuits you did not care about have their hands out wanting their money.

It's at that time you use the last resort-- filing bankruptcy.

I made myself as judgment proof as possible, and wrote back to every collection agency, original creditor, and junk debt buyer telling them I was judgment proof so they would get nothing from me even if they won in court, and I told them I would show up in court and fight them all the way anyways.  And I added the usual D.V. and C & D language to let them know I was attempting to get them on a F.D.C.P.A. violation as well.

Fortunately, for me, it worked.  They never sued me (except Capital One), and the S.O.L. has now long since passed on all of my debts. 

I had one that got very close to suing me, and they hired a very aggressive local debt collector who called my neighbors, former bosses, etc., trying to find out if I had anything worth coming after.  They pulled my credit report twice.  They called a few times, and I recorded their phone call, put it on a CD and I sent it to the home address of their owner, who lives in Arizona.  I looked him up on the state's corporation commission website.  It was not easy to find him.  It was buried under several other corporation names, but I finally found his name and address written on some old, original filing of the application to the corporation commission. 

Poof!  I never heard from them again.
Finally a collector admits it...

"The reality is that there are people who can't pay and the job of an agency in my opinion is to separate those who can and those who cant and to not waste resources and efforts on those who cant." -- Dr. Evil.

All this nonsense about aggressive judgment enforcement against someone with no assets is just that-- utter nonsense.

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=13309.msg100303#msg100303

Brunothe JDBKiller

• Valued Member
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2013 03:47:52 PM »
Neither did we, the thread is two years old. LOL
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.