Author Topic: ARBITRATION VICTORY THREAD---POST YOUR WINS HERE  (Read 22109 times)

trueq

• Valued Member
Re: ARBITRATION VICTORY THREAD---POST YOUR WINS HERE
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2012 10:52:22 PM »
Creditor quietly dismissed rather than comply with arbitration order:

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=18747.0
My free speech is not legal advice.  If you need legal advice, you need to talk to a lawyer.

Litigation Defense record
Arbitration record:   9 wins * 0 loses
Court Record:         2 wins * 2 judgments (1 of the 2 judgments has been vacated, other judgment upheld on appeal, marked "satisfied", because I wrote a check.)

The one bank that beat me in court, I now have a $2200 limit credit card from them again.
Redemption is always possible.

trueq

• Valued Member
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2012 10:54:36 PM »
Another dismissal, rather than face arbitration motion.

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=18753.0

Lawyer calls day before motion hearing to beg for mercy.

Victory for consumer was the merciful thing here.
My free speech is not legal advice.  If you need legal advice, you need to talk to a lawyer.

Court Record:         2 wins * 2 judgments (1 of the 2 judgments has been vacated, other judgment upheld on appeal, marked "satisfied", because I wrote a check.)

The one bank that beat me in court, I now have a $2200 limit credit card from them again.

trueq

• Valued Member
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2012 10:56:03 PM »
There are no words for this epic victory.

It has to be read:

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=18795.0

trueq

• Valued Member
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2012 10:59:14 PM »
Another win by patience.

But also need for vigilance for dirty tricks on back side of victory.

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=17877.0

trueq

• Valued Member
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2012 02:10:36 AM »
Arbitration victory in reach and then deal is sealed!

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=19062.0

trueq

• Valued Member
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2012 02:11:09 AM »

trueq

• Valued Member
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2012 02:13:15 AM »
Attorney caught suing after pre-suit election of arbitration...surrenders.

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=19299.0

trueq

• Valued Member
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2012 02:14:01 AM »
Only problem here is how to word the win with the settlement!

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=19280.0

debt coaster

• Valued Member
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2012 06:52:42 PM »
http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=20417.msg166127;topicseen#new

See post above.

Thanks to this board I went from a default judgment, getting it vacated, getting a court case against me dismissed, and ending with a 16% settlement a year later.  :woohoo:

I will be giving another donation for sure.

maggie22

• Valued Member
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2012 08:26:38 PM »
I forgot to post this sooner, but it's not too old and may help someone else.  In this matter, I decided to hold off on dealing with the Court case,  and just pulled the trigger with a JAMS Demand on a JDB that filed suit.

The lawsuit was served Sept 3, 2011, filed JAMS demand via fax on Sept 9th.  Plaintiff's attorney called Sept. 12.  Received Mutual walk a few days later.   

More details are provided in this thread http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php/topic,17477.msg140862.html#msg140862

We didn't even have to file an answer, and basically just sent 2 faxes and made a few phone calls.  Now I know this was just a JDB, but nonetheless, start to finish in under 2 weeks which is a record for me.

Ok, no new record here but basically I just completed a rinse and repeat with the same JDB- Portfolio, same exact procedure as above.  This one took longer as this was with a different local firm and they ignored everything I did. 

I was thus forced to File an answer and I also filed a MTC at the same time and scheduled a hearing date.  They filed no response.  The attorney that showed up for the hearing claimed he was trying to get ahold of me.  I inquired if it were by telepathy, or indian smoke signals, because nobody called me period.  We then went to talk in a conference room.

Offers were discussed:  He asked me for an offer and although I never make offers I decided to mess with him so I offered $500, and he countered with $900.  I replied: We have a deal!  The attorney said really?  I said sure, if you want to pay me more that's up to you. 

He then indicated that he wouldn't be paying me, and I replied: Oh yes you will, you can pay me now, or pay me more later.  I then said let's just go see the Judge, my coffee's getting cold. 

He then indicated he'd just voluntarily dismiss the case prior to the hearing, and I said: Do whatever you want, but I refuse to withdraw the JAMS demand because they could just sell it and start everything all over again.  The attorney said Well, arbitration ya know is very expensive to which I replied and so is paper and ink. 

I advised him he'd wasted my time by forcing an answer and a MTC and I then handed him the dismissal paperwork that I had previously drafted and sent to his office.  The case was then dismissed and I told him I see him in Arbitration.   

I then waited a week decided to call the kid up and force a walk.  I told him I had good news for him, that I was considering dropping the JAMS case and just suing in Federal court to help his client save some money and he'd be a hero.

I then quickly changed topic and asked him where the JAMS case was at?  He indicated he hadn't heard from them.  I then said here we go again, and told him there's this thing called a telephone with numbers on it and that he needed to call JAMS, get the case number to move things along. 

Next, I told him to not do anything, that I'd do it and call him right back, followed by instructing him that since I'd already done all the work that for now we should just wait. 

At this point I took a breath and said, Well, are you going to say anything or what?  He replied:  Are you talking to me?  I said Listen, I don't think there's anyone else around but us, and Yes, I'm talking to you. 

I continued on making contradictory demands and eventually I ended the call and achieved nothing.  I was disappointed but think I confused him with my rapid fire topic switching.

10 minutes later he called back and offered a mutual walk.  It's now done.  Again, I know it was against a JDB but nonetheless an easy win and 2K now gone.  Start to finish 2.5 months, most of which was spent waiting for the hearing date and execution of the release.

:drinking:

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2012 08:37:14 PM »
Congratulations Maggie22, very nice job  :drinking:

The kid attorney most probably will have nightmares and Jams phobia for the rest of his career.  :vbrofl:
I am not an attorney, just  type" A" personality.
If you need legal help, you should seek legal counsel.

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2012 09:08:27 PM »
Signed and sealed?

maggie22

• Valued Member
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2012 09:13:55 PM »
Yes, plus all bells and whistles.

Fighting Irish

• Valued Member
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2012 10:59:03 PM »
WELL DONE, Maggie!  :drinking:

Those little boy and girl lawyers think that being in collections is better than working at Target to pay their law school loans.

Aside from the soul crushingly inhuman behavior they're forced to take on, they then have to have their heads handed to them by pro see like you!
Dang it, Jim! I'm a nurse, not an attorney!

(The rest of you, keep that in mind, too.)

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2012 11:06:33 PM »

Not half bad, Maggie; not half bad.

Those little boy and girl lawyers think that being in collections is better than working at Target to pay their law school loans.

Are you suggesting that student loans, like for law school, shouldn't be repaid?

credit