Author Topic: ARBITRATION VICTORY THREAD---POST YOUR WINS HERE  (Read 21580 times)

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
Re: ARBITRATION VICTORY THREAD---POST YOUR WINS HERE
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2010 03:12:15 AM »
I was sued by Citi.  I joined another card in with a JAMS initiation (Citi had not sued, but now they cannot file in small claims for this second card).  Short hearing.  Judge stayed the case indefinitely for arbitration.  Total of about $20k in claims out of court and into arbitration.  AND, this is a state in which it is very hard to get awards confirmed.   :whackacow:

treadin H2O

• Valued Member

hikid

• Valued Member
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2010 11:34:26 PM »
I beat Midland! They sued me in Jan 2010 for about $4k. With the help of Trueq and others I recorded and documented over 15 FDCPA violations and used arb to shut them down. In exchange for me dismissing the FDCPA violation s and JAMS arb, They are going dismiss with prodigious, and delete info from all 3 credit reporting agencies. And to think another debt board that is supposed to help consumers claims arb never works........ Don't knock it till you try it!

Thanks Trueq!

CCcasualty

• Valued Member
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2010 07:02:21 PM »
Four lawsuits:

Chase is stayed pending Arb. No hearings set... I haven't heard in 4 months.

Discover is stayed pending Arb. I filed with Jams. Jams keeps asking them to pay $800. I will ask them mutual dismissal.

Cap One will be quashed and I will file with Jams before they re-sue

Amex requested dismissal before the hearing once they read my motion to dismiss.

UPDATE:

Chase request dismissal of the case also.

:drinking:
15 accounts

Before playing the Arbitration card.
4 lawsuits filed

After playing the Arbitration card...
4 lawsuits dismissed

2 accounts settled.

4 accounts canceled with 1099 issued.

5 accounts silent, few days from SOL.

blue56

• Valued Member
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011 03:03:58 AM »
Hello there,
Thank you all for all of your help.  My case is stayed pending arbitration. I'll be filing up with AAA shortly! The oc's lawyers thought I wouldn't show up, so it would be an easy case for them. I intend to take this all the way, and would encourage everyone to excercise their right to arbitration, as the courts seem to be heavily in favor of the cc companies and their lawyers. So, a small victory, but a victory none the less. This is just the beginning!!!

oregonpilot

• Valued Member
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011 05:00:07 PM »

I had a motion to Stay pending ARB granted over 90 days ago.
Well I when to the court house last week to filed a motion to dismiss for lack of action by the Discover Bank.
But when the clerk looked up the case she informed me I was to late and the a judgement had been issued already.
After about 15 seconds of panic wondering what events I missed out on
She told me the judge already dismissed the case for the same reasons as my motion

This is my favorite  part and the last sentence in the judgment
IT IS HEARBY ORDERED AND ADJUDGED THAT THE ABOVE ENTITLED CASE DISMISSED

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. "
Thomas Jefferson - 1802

tjabq

• Valued Member
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011 06:31:40 PM »
Here are the results of the status conference this morning...

I WON !!!!!! with my demands added in!

I got my stipulation of dismissal with prejudice with my added terms that they delete all trade lines from the cra's and NO 1099-C !!!!

here is exact wording;

"The parties hereby stipulate that this action be dismissed with prejudice, each party to bear it's own costs and fees. The parties further stipulate that subsequent to the entry of a dismissal with prejudice of the instant case that Plaintiff will delete all entries from all credit reporting agencies to which Plaintiff reports and Plaintiff will not issue an IRS form 1099-C in regards to this matter."

Thanks to Trueq and all the great supporters of using arbitration to remove Court jurisdiction!
  :woohoo:

vballchick

• Valued Member
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2011 05:00:52 PM »
Sued by c*ti.  Originally only got a 90 continuance from judge. Filed my JAMS demand and today I received a motion to stay from their atty for having filed with JAMS!

I can't wait to see what happens when I add this atty's name in my complaint!

VBC ;o)
If you are new, try these links:

Flyingifr's Method

Abbreviations

CCcasualty

• Valued Member
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2011 07:43:40 PM »
UPDATE:

Discover requested dismissal of the case also.

:drinking:

Four lawsuit. Three dismissed, one left (pending a MTQ)
15 accounts

Before playing the Arbitration card.
4 lawsuits filed

After playing the Arbitration card...
4 lawsuits dismissed

2 accounts settled.

4 accounts canceled with 1099 issued.

5 accounts silent, few days from SOL.

lisser

• Valued Member
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2011 10:17:57 PM »
I just went out to the mailbox upon returning home from work to see a letter from WWR and said, "oh <Removed>" to myself. About two weeks ago I mailed them JAMS paperwork.

The letter says,

Dear Ms. XXXXXX,

Enclosed please find an Agreed Order of Dismissal which I submit to your attention pursuant to the above-stated action. If the enclosed meets with your approval, please sign same where indicated and return the original to my office for filing with the Court.

If you have any questions, please fee free to contact my office.

Very Truly Yours,

Attorney for <Cap1>

HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

The order says this

Plaintiff

VS

Me

This matter having come before the Court pursuant to the agreement of the parties, the Plaintiff, <Cap1>, represented by Dorks, and the Defendant, Me, appearing Pro Se, and the Court being in all ways sufficiently advised;

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the claim of the Plaintiff against the Defendant, Me, is dismissed, without prejudice.

Now, without prejudice is not what I want correct? If not, then I will write back to him and let him know this but I still consider this a victory!!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!!!

Thanks so much for all of your help, especially TrueQ. There are others too but I'm just too freaking happy right now to even think straight!!!

I'm going to drink a beer!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Admin Note:  Inappropriate language removed.   :tos:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011 10:36:58 PM by Admin0248 »

mod2830

• Board Moderator
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2011 03:08:54 AM »
Previously reported AAA loss (1 of 2 reported on loss sticky) has now been put in win column!

Click here for details

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php/topic,10201.msg94967.html#msg94967

Its always nice to post a win, but its even better to draw down a reported arbitration loss and make it a win.

notmydebt

• Valued Member
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011 02:05:34 PM »
Hey All,
 Just wanted to stop by and post what I feel is victory.

I have had 2 suits against me in the last 7 moths. First one against OC, and CA. In this case I filed my MTC, it was granted. The judge gave 4 months to initiate, on the 3rd month and 29 days I sent my claim in to JAMS, still haven't heard back yet. To me just to get the case out of court is a victory.

Second case was against JDB, and CA. This one was a harder fight. I received their Motion for Summary Judgment the day I was walking out of my house to mail my MTC. They resisted very much against my MTC. So, before the court date I filed my claim with JAMS. The day of court the CA agreed to a mutual walk away, and Dismiss with prejudice. This to me is the ultimate victory, case is DEAD.

So, thanks to all, and TRUEQ for the very valuable post here on the debtorboards!!!

I have one more case to work on, I feel pretty good about getting it out of court.

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2011 01:35:07 AM »
Three court cases:

Case 1:  sued by an unnamed creditor, stayed for arbitration, in the process of an agreeable settlement.
Case 2:  Sued by Cap 1, stayed for arbitration.  I am writing up the JAMS complaint right now.
Case 3:  Same creditor as #1, different account.  Case dismissed by request of Plaintiff.

:whackacow: :whackacow: :whackacow:

byteme

• Valued Member
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011 12:26:23 AM »
Thank you debtorboards!  I have begun to fight back against the JDB's.  I won a discontinuance with prejudice for $7,000.  I don't exactly know what the "prejudice" means but I am happy to have the discontinuance.

jasahj

• Valued Member
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011 03:58:02 PM »
Okay, maybe most won't consider this a win but I sure do.  M&K represented 3 different JDB.  Sued us on the first, (promissory note, no known arbitration clause).  Second and Third accounts we filed immediate preemptive arbitration with JAMS.  We responded and did what we could during law suit 1 to bide time to come up with money to pay.  Day after we put cashiers check in the mail (they did not know check was mailed) we received a noticed that they asked the court to dismiss the court case (no reason given) and judge granted it....but they still got there money since check was mailed...  2ND and 3rd accounts in Jams are not going any where.  2 weeks ago they notified JAMS that there client refused to pay Jams on 2ND case, and what did I receive today?....notice sent to Jams that there client does not want to pay up for the 3rd account either. 

I consider it a win because just as sure as I sit here, I truly believe if I had not filed preemptive arbitration on accounts 2 and 3, they would have filed lawsuits against us on those 2 accounts.  If I had not found this forum I can tell you that we would have been looking at 3 automatic judgments totaling almost 7800.00...this forum is priceless! 
Fears are educated into us, and can, if we wish, be educated out.
Karl Augustus Menninger

credit