Author Topic: Not really for thebig board... Too bad  (Read 3195 times)

cbarnett97

• Valued Member
Not really for thebig board... Too bad
« on: April 20, 2010 10:42:04 PM »
Thanks to you guys again I wiped clean $956 depb just by sending a validation request. I find it funny that as soon as someone shows a bit of intelligence the CA's just run away

Thanks again for the site!!!!!!
cbarnett97

p.s. not sure if this is the correct place for something like this but it seems to fit, if I am wrong then sorry Mr. Admin6572 (or Ms.)

Admin6572

• Administrator
Re: Not really for thebig board... Too bad
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010 10:22:47 AM »
Please elaborate on "wiped clean".  You may be eligible for associate professor status.

cbarnett97

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010 06:13:37 PM »
I sent the validation and then I get a letter stating that "after reviewing the account, we have decided to close it" so to me that would mean wiped clean. But it was not a suit or anything just thier initial letter I responded 2

Admin6572

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010 06:49:59 PM »
"Closed" only means they will not work it anymore.  It may be sent back to the OC, JDB or sold.  It isn't forgiven nor canceled.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010 02:32:53 AM »
"Closed" only means they will not work it anymore.  It may be sent back to the OC, JDB or sold.  It isn't forgiven nor canceled.

Which means another opportunity to collect more tuition. I have some that I collected on multiple times. Gotta love Qwest, among others.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

cbarnett97

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010 02:43:23 AM »
I may hear something in the future but this is a very old debt (over 10 years). So I guess they could sell it to someone else. Now if they do that are they not bound by my original DV to these guys?

Quader

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010 02:57:29 AM »
No I think you will have to start over

more opportunities  though  :vbrofl:

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010 03:37:41 AM »
If the debt is OOS you can short-circuit the violations with a FOAD letter. Then they have one opportunity to tell you what they intend to do next.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

cbarnett97

• Valued Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010 03:56:53 AM »
If the debt is OOS you can short-circuit the violations with a FOAD letter. Then they have one opportunity to tell you what they intend to do next.
THat was kinda the point of my question, here in Ca they have 10yrs to collect which is up in Jan unless they renew it. I am judgement proof but I was wondering if there was any real danger to just sending them a FOAD letter now

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010 04:42:48 AM »
I'd say wait till January. Unlike the VOD, there is no time limit on a FOAD

credit