Author Topic: A whopping 10 dollars wiped clean  (Read 2234 times)

cbarnett97

• Valued Member
A whopping 10 dollars wiped clean
« on: March 13, 2010 09:02:03 PM »
I guess this could go here, recieved a collection notice for 10 bucks and after asking for Validation I recieved a letter today letting me know that the account is being removed from thier records and I no longer owe anything. Still deciding if I want to take the time to try and get some cash for couple little violations they had in thier initial letter regarding my right to request validation

dls7406

• Valued Member
  • Bernie Madoff with all the money.
Re: A whopping 10 dollars wiped clean
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010 10:44:23 PM »
Sounds like RJM to me.

Good job!!!

I thin you should pursue it.

LUEser

• Valued Member
  • The Penultimate Answer
    • LUE's Repository of Credit Card Agreements
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010 10:59:50 PM »
Nice. I suspect that any collector that has any sense wouldn't risk potential litigation over 10 dollars. Although I do realize I'm using an oxymoron in the above sentence by using the words "collector" and "sense" together.

Depending on if you have any other pressing matters, if they don't take precedence I would probably pursue it, too.
--
*I'm not a lawyer, just a consumer rights advocate.

cbarnett97

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010 11:01:58 PM »
No it was North Shore. What ticks me off is that they send out these form letters to just try and score $10 a pop and as soon as they get someone who knows what their rights are (thanks to you guys) they just drop it and move on. So yeah I will probably pursue it, It should be worth at least an ITS.  I will prob have some questions for you guys about it a bit later.

Admin6572

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010 09:02:58 AM »
Congratulations.  You have achieved the level of Grad Student.

However, since you were not actually sued, your student credit can not be posted in the news ticker.  But, if you pursue the matter and prevail, we will be happy to post your tuition payment and you will have attained the position of Professor.