Author Topic: Dealing with a Collection Agency  (Read 45169 times)

DefLepGirl

• Y-E-A-H!
  • Valued Member
    • :0)
Re: Dealing with a Collection Agency
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2006 03:12:22 AM »
Validation of a debt, no problem. Validation of a debt because all you want is more time to stall, or to find a loop hole out of paying the debt, !

As a consumer EVERY purchase I make I ask for a receipt......  I Don't care WHAT it is especially if I feel that you've charged me to much....... I will not send person Y  / X amount of dollars for Bill Z   unless he or she can provide me with validation...    It's not a stall tactic,  it's a simple accounting procedure...   As a BUSINESS you should be able to provide me with the documentation..... 

I don't expect MY employer to provide me with my paycheck until I turn in my reports, receipts and invoice which document WHAT they are paying me for..... I expect nothing less from your ilk.......

Look at some of the prior posts, people talking about having the CA validate a claim just so they can have it disputed on their credit report, or so they can stall until the statute of limitations runs out! What is that, a way out of paying a legal debt!

ROFL ummm   CRA's report for 7 years......do you REALLY think that validation takes SEVEN years?     And to answer your question NO that is NOT a way out of paying a debt.....    Why should YOU or anyone ELSE be able to muck up a credit report with an alleged debt that can NOT be validated....    I am of the STRONG opinion that EVERY "debt" should HAVE to be validated BEFORE it's placed on a CR.....      If this ever happens many CA's and JDB's will go OUT of business because you and I both know that they can't provide validation on "pennies on the dollar" ......

People who truly need validation of the debt, deserve to get it. The people who have had a C/C for several years and just because they do not want it hurting their credit report when they stop paying should not be allowed to twist and abuse the law.

There's where your wrong EVERYONE deserves validation.....  NOT just people who "truly need validation"    The only abuse and "twisting" of the law comes from C/A's who send out Bogus Chaudry Letters,  Allison B Moon printouts and the list goes ON and ON...   Again if you can't validate get the he** off of my CR....... 

When something happens in your life that is difficult, what makes you who you are is how you handle it.

Something we totally AGREE on....   I am a FIGHTER and I will NOT tolerate a business who purchased a C/O for a quarter telling me that I now owe them 1500 dollars......    You SHOW me what I owe, what I REALLY owe and I'll pay it....   You break the law in the process, you'll pay me..... it's just that simple......

Your right, it does make them "Human", but when the line is crossed into, lying cheating, and exploiting the laws to get out of a debt, it makes them an ANIMAL!

Lying?  Cheating? Exploitation......... Yes, you've just described the majority of YOUR industry.......... 
~I'm not an attorney (nor) do I play one on the internet.. Take everything I *write* as just my personal opinion and experience~

I love quoting Fleppie / Deflepgirl -  E. Normis  (Ok he actually didn't say it but actions speak louder than words..... or in this case words speak louder oooh whatever he loves it!-

wayhigh

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2006 03:14:37 AM »
Jdav,

You have now posted 6 messages, the first message included a blatent ToS violation. The subsequent messages have all been continued attempts at aggrevating people.

Please take your fishing pole and troll elsewhere..

WH

Why not just own up to the responsibility of the debt and pay it?

DefLepGirl

• Y-E-A-H!
  • Valued Member
    • :0)
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2006 03:17:22 AM »
Jdav,

You have now posted 6 messages, the first message included a blatent ToS violation. The subsequent messages have all been continued attempts at aggrevating people.

Please take your fishing pole and troll elsewhere..

WH

:::::::: sniffle:::::::::::   But But I was having fun with them  :P ;D   

:shrug:  I guess I'll have to take my happy rear back up the tree and wait to pounce on the next one  hehehe
~I'm not an attorney (nor) do I play one on the internet.. Take everything I *write* as just my personal opinion and experience~

I love quoting Fleppie / Deflepgirl -  E. Normis  (Ok he actually didn't say it but actions speak louder than words..... or in this case words speak louder oooh whatever he loves it!-

Rottweiler

• "SIT!" "Stay!" "Watch OUT!"
  • Valued Member
  • Talent does what it can; genius does what it must
    • Debtor Talk:  "Tough Love" for the Collection Industry.
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006 04:14:01 AM »
Jdav...were you the one who posted this commentary to Bud Hibbs site this spring?...

http://debtorboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=1314.0

If you were the author of that little Sermon, it was definetly a waste of your time to post your blather there.  Although, I am sure Mr. Hibbs and his staff enjoyed it as much as I did...whomever wrote it. (You did learn from it, anyhow.)

As for the the stuff you put up here today?  Guess what standard it went down to?  :whistling:  And, made about as much of an impression on me...ROTFLMAO is not dignified (and I did it anyway).   :P

“This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice."
~ Olver Wendell Holmes

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006 07:19:53 PM »
Validation of a debt, no problem. Validation of a debt because all you want is more time to stall, or to find a loop hole out of paying the debt, !

Look at some of the prior posts, people talking about having the CA validate a claim just so they can have it disputed on their credit report, or so they can stall until the statute of limitations runs out! What is that, a way out of paying a legal debt!

People who truly need validation of the debt, deserve to get it. The people who have had a C/C for several years and just because they do not want it hurting their credit report when they stop paying should not be allowed to twist and abuse the law.

When something happens in your life that is difficult, what makes you who you are is how you handle it.

Your right, it does make them "Human", but when the line is crossed into, lying cheating, and exploiting the laws to get out of a debt, it makes them an ANIMAL!

Spoken like a true bill collector. Derek will be proud that you took up the Gauntlet.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

InAHole55

• Valued Member
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2007 05:51:37 AM »
Hi all,

I have a debt that was supposedly a charge off by BofA.  I called and they stated it was in the process of charge off (but the other 25 phone calls said it was charged off, or not charged off).  So the last call they offered me a settlement of $2300 of an original $4500 debt, but they wouldn't do anything to clear up the TL.  They asked for a check postdated, I stated I wanted this in writing first.  They said they would fax it to me now, but I said I still want it in writing and don't have a fax - but I will keep this in mind if I can locate a fax machine.  That was 2 weeks ago, and no letter.  I did however recieve a certified letter demanding my past due payments of $450  or the account would to into forclosure (this is a line of credt, and I don't own the house anymore).  I have 9 days  as of today to pay the back amount due. 

So..  I have one phone call that states the the account is charged off and a settlement offer (which I don't have the $$ for all of it) will be sent to me.  Secondly I have a letter stating that if I pay the back amount (120 days) due I would avoid foreclosure. I think at this point I should send a dispute letter to bofa so I can scare off the CA's.  I am judgement proof as of this time.  I have a judgement against me and they are starting to garnish my wages 25%, however my child support is a garnishment of 21% and I have the option to go to court to ask for hardship and reduce it to 15% which I am 90% sure I can prove.  If that pans out and they can only garnish me for 15% - my child support covers that easily. So no garnishment and my other creditors cannot touch me

I need some help in doing this; I understand that I would be disputing all of the debt or part of it.  What would be my smartest choice of action here?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007 06:05:44 AM by InAHole55 »

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007 03:40:13 PM »
I have a couple of questions regarding your post.

1. If this debt is a Line of Credit against a home you no longer own, how did you lose ownership of the home? If it was sold, then the buyer's Title Insurance Company has a  problem - they missed the Lien in the title search. If you lost it in foreclosure or a Deed-in-Lieu then they cannot foreclose.

2. I assume we are still dealing with the OC, right? If so, forget FDCPA - it doesn't apply.

3. You state you are Judgment proof - that is a very good bargaining chip in negotiations to get the settlement amount lowered.

You are absolutely right in not sending any payments without them putting the settlement agreement in writing first. Collectors seem to have absolutely photographic and tape recording memory when you make a promise to them, but also have complete senility when it comes to promises they make to you.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

InAHole55

• Valued Member
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2007 03:50:13 PM »
1. They were never added to the title of the house - It is an unsecured line, but that is the verbiage in their letter to me.

2. Correct

3. Good!

InAHole55

• Valued Member
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2007 04:05:17 PM »
So at this point should I try to further negotiate, ask for validation, sit back and wait?  I want to be one step ahead of them if possible.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2007 04:19:31 PM »
1. They were never added to the title of the house - It is an unsecured line, but that is the verbiage in their letter to me.

They didn't file the lien? Then they are . They can't foreclose, period. In addition, if it were a JDB or a CA then that letter would be a FDCPA violation, misrepresenting the Nature and Character of the debt.

2. Correct

3. Good!

InAHole55

• Valued Member
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2007 04:43:05 PM »
No lien.  I remember back in 99 when I got the LOC, it just asked if I owned a home - but nothing I signed that I was acknowledging that they now had a legal interest (lien) on the property.

hmd2007

• Valued Member
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2007 04:39:21 AM »
I don't understand how you really know that its going to be turned over soon.. You know because you know you were 90 days late?  My recent issue with T-mobile makes me wonder, as my payment wasnt even 90 days late before they turned it over to collections so I couldn't have done this preemptively . . .

Rottweiler

• "SIT!" "Stay!" "Watch OUT!"
  • Valued Member
  • Talent does what it can; genius does what it must
    • Debtor Talk:  "Tough Love" for the Collection Industry.
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2007 06:16:12 AM »
Nobody can know for certain when an account will be sent to a third-party agency; some creditors do that as part of an "early-out" program with a CA (before chargeoff).
“This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice."
~ Olver Wendell Holmes

mro234930321

• Valued Member
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008 08:38:27 AM »
I used Flyingifr letter on this thread because I have a dispute against an OC since 2004 and they never answered it. I sent this letter to a CA, and apparently they never have even read and assumed its a regular dispute. Reason why I come to this conclusion is from the form letter I received from them. What should I do send them another
letter telling them to read the letter I sent or ignore this letter?

We have received your correspondence requesting verification of your debt. While we investigate your claim, we
have placed this account in a dispute status and all collection activity one your account has ceased. Meanwhile, the account information that we have on file is as follows:

Original Creditor
Previous Creditor
Current Creditor
Current Balance
SSN#
debtor #
Charge off date
open date

Mischievous Smurfy

• Valued Member
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008 09:32:36 AM »
They said, in many words,

We received your letter, we are requesting verifcation, we have marked your account as disputed.  This is the information we presently have.

No violation and you need not respond.  Now, if they ask you for money prior to providing any further information, then they have violated.  Until then there is nothing for you to do other than sit in your comfy chair and enjoy the sound (or lack of) of your phone NOT ringing.
Ease of Use - Smurfy's Quick Reference

why are we requesting validation instead of disputing???  Why Why Why