Author Topic: 35mm negative scanning and mounted slides  (Read 2773 times)

Dabster

• Valued Member
35mm negative scanning and mounted slides
« on: March 05, 2008 03:33:23 AM »
Hello fellow debtors  ;D,

I have decided to offer my experience and services in the digitizing of 35mm negatives and slides.  Many of you know me as a techie guy, and I have decided to extend some of my techie-ness to all of you.  I own a very expensive negative scanner which does a simply amazing job of taking a 35mm slide and creating a very large, uncompressed file.  This is then compressed down into a standard JPEG file of the quality of a 6 megapixel camera. 

I am in the process of creating a website for this side-business and will update this post with that information when it is available.  The process is simple:

1)  You organize all your negatives and/or slides into a package.  If you have them organized, that's fine.  If not, that's fine too.

2)  Once a quote is accepted, you ship me your negatives

3)  A couple days to a month later (depending on how many negatives you have to scan), the negatives are returned to you in the condition you sent them to me along with a DVD or more with your pictures on it.

4)  Then you enjoy your digitized photos, never to worry about your slides deteriorating or becoming damaged.

There are many options you can choose from, each affecting the price and time to have the work done.  Basically, the software that I use is simply amazing.  It reduces and in most cases, eliminates all scratches and dust markings.  It can automatically color correct and improve exposure of your photos.  Another unique service I offer is a 5 or 10 year archival storage of your photos.  So, by paying a nominal fee, I will maintain your scans so if your DVD becomes scratched or lost due to fire or theft, I can burn you another copy...free of charge.  The scans that I archive for you will be stored in two locations so as to minimize the risk of them being lost due to a tragedy on my end.

Anyways, since Flying has opened the Bourse up to everyone, I figured I'd throw my services out there as well even though they are not credit related.  On second thought, I guess they could be if you got a great shot of the CA's attorney's face as you stopped him from getting a default judgement against you.   ;D

Feel free to PM me or you can reply to this thread if you have questions.
My thoughts can best be described in song:

I don't think I'm different or in any way unique
Think about yourself for a minute
And you'll find the answer in it
Everyones a freak

Doctor Evil

• BANNED
Re: 35mm negative scanning and mounted slides
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008 02:38:17 PM »
Way to turn a negative into a positive   :vbrofl:

Do you offer low interest financing? 

I'm looking for some positive tradelines and "Dabster's Negative Photos" will do nicely.

Anyway, nice idea, Godspeed Dabster, may the force be with you.

Dabster

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008 04:50:56 PM »
Way to turn a negative into a positive   :vbrofl:

Do you offer low interest financing? 

I'm looking for some positive tradelines and "Dabster's Negative Photos" will do nicely.

Anyway, nice idea, Godspeed Dabster, may the force be with you.

The tradeline would read:  "Two negatives make a positive"   :woohoo:

Financing?  Depends on who's asking.  Just don't default on the loan and I won't have to sick my buddy, the Cowboy Collector on you.  I've already committed to him any and all defaults.   ;D  In return, he has promised to teach me more in the ways of the Dark Side.   :lildevil:

Everyones a freak

Dabster

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008 07:18:03 PM »
Just bumping in case anyone is interested in getting some scans or a positive tradeline ;)

Just send me a PM.

Everyones a freak

credit