Author Topic: Frustrating the Skip Tracer  (Read 49288 times)

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
Re: Frustrating the Skip Tracer
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2015 03:00:23 PM »
Be careful, NYCBroke.  What you are trying with your mail could lead you into a willful negligence situation by your throwing away mail and blaming it on your large apartment block's penchant of misplacing mail.  The onus may end up on you having to prove it.

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2015 06:11:24 PM »
I lived in NYC for many years, and moved around quite a bit.  That was a long time ago. 

Let's just say when it was time to serve me, they couldn't find me. 
When they got the default judgment, they could suddenly find my bank account quite easily. 

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2015 07:02:46 PM »
Bank accounts are a lot easier to find than live people. All they need is a social security number. If they find the bank account, they don't need to find you. They got your money, which is what they wanted in the first place.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

nobk4me

• Valued Member
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2015 08:29:24 PM »
Here's a site I came across, written by a skip tracer:

http://thedailyskip.com/

It never hurts to know how they operate, which this site reveals.
Molon labe

Judgment Proof!

transborder

• Valued Member
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2015 09:08:11 PM »
Bank accounts are a lot easier to find than live people. All they need is a social security number. If they find the bank account, they don't need to find you. They got your money, which is what they wanted in the first place.

All a judgment creditor has to do is hit the big 5 banks - where 85 to 90% of the US population banks.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2015 12:45:07 AM »

All a judgment creditor has to do is hit the big 5 banks - where 85 to 90% of the US population banks.

Not necessarily so - it depends on the organization of each bank - how segregated are each bank's operations by State.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2017 06:11:47 PM »
It has been my experience that even some of the biggest name banks have skip tracers who are willing to break the laws.

One particular organization, who shall remain nameless, but I leave home without them, came up with some rather outrageous lies in the process of skip tracing.  Years later, when it came to arbitration, they suddenly had records that directly contradicted statements made by their employees.  Oops.  NDA, can't say what happened. 

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2017 08:19:43 PM »
It has been my experience that even some of the biggest name banks have skip tracers who are willing to break the laws.

One particular organization, who shall remain nameless, but I leave home without them, came up with some rather outrageous lies in the process of skip tracing.  Years later, when it came to arbitration, they suddenly had records that directly contradicted statements made by their employees.  Oops.  NDA, can't say what happened.

I think I made it rather clear that, ion order top be successful, skip tracers by necessity have to violate the law.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)