Author Topic: Frustrating the Skip Tracer  (Read 49436 times)

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
Re: Frustrating the Skip Tracer
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013 10:47:56 PM »
Taz - there is a difference between caution and paranoia. There is also a big difference between hiding from creditors and hiding from the government.

Creditors want you to believe you can't hide from them. That is part of their power over you. They want you to believe they have access to all government files. They want you to believe they are omnicient, omnipotent and onmipresent. They aren't. Believing, however, helps them because it gets you to abandon efforts to protect yourself.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

taz

• Valued Member
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013 12:32:50 AM »
I admit, I am paranoid about the government. IMO, Fema isn't meant for assistance, but crowd control. But, that isn't the point.

Trying to muddy the waters of residence will be futile. Once the updated information is available around the country, how much easier for those looking to sue to find a person. How much easier for the process server.

Only by a bizarre twist of events not of my doing, have I been able to wait out the SOL this long. I know they've attempted to have me served. Per my cr, there are no current judgments at this time.

If it means having to do without a DL to get past the SOL, then that is what I will do.

In truth, they pretty much do have access to all government files. Only takes one cop needing some extra cash for them to have the info. I personally know of one private detective in CO who found the location of a person via a cell phone "ping", so papers on a child custody could be served. Illegal, pretty sure, but it served the purpose and the recipient was never the wiser.

Cailly

• Valued Member
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013 12:08:27 AM »
This post was very informative; Thank you!

freelancer2

• Valued Member
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013 12:18:02 AM »
I've read this post probably 12 times now, and have pulled valuable information each time.

A few questions, however, linger in regards to 'frustrating the skip tracer' completely because, hey, if skipping is really on your mind, going ' to the wall' is probably the best idea.

1) Future banking.  Let's assume that, for one second, someone was really trying to abscond from debt justice forever and frustrate everyone.  In Absentia (if really leaving), your debt collector gets the dreaded DJ against you.  This opens up banking, assets, etc.  Does this mean that prepaid debit cards are game, too, since a 'virtual account' is created?

2) Employment.  Obviously, if you're going out on a 'lam', per se, you're not intended for anyone to find you (in egregious cases, of course, when you're owing $xx,xxx).  This means living in places where housing doesn't require public records vetting or credit pulls. You will need to work, and not everyone is keen on paying under the table.  What does one do in this case?

Just an inquiring mind wondering what scenarios are played in this case.

winstonguy

• Valued Member
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013 01:36:11 AM »
Deleware banks do mot allow for garnishment. After my credit defaults I did a lot of research on this. I opened an account at Applied Bank online. It has to be a Deleware bank that only has branches in Deleware and nowhere else.

I used a Deleware address then changed the address after it was opened so as to receive my debit card.  Seems a lot of trouble but it works until after all the dust settles

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013 02:45:09 AM »
I've read this post probably 12 times now, and have pulled valuable information each time.

A few questions, however, linger in regards to 'frustrating the skip tracer' completely because, hey, if skipping is really on your mind, going '<Removed> to the wall' is probably the best idea.

1) Future banking.  Let's assume that, for one second, someone was really trying to abscond from debt justice forever and frustrate everyone.  In Absentia (if really leaving), your debt collector gets the dreaded DJ against you.  This opens up banking, assets, etc.  Does this mean that prepaid debit cards are game, too, since a 'virtual account' is created?

2) Employment.  Obviously, if you're going out on a 'lam', per se, you're not intended for anyone to find you (in egregious cases, of course, when you're owing $xx,xxx).  This means living in places where housing doesn't require public records vetting or credit pulls. You will need to work, and not everyone is keen on paying under the table.  What does one do in this case?

Re-read the part on the Nuclear Option - laying down enough false information so that the true information gets lost in the pile. Having the right to grab something means nothing if they can't find it. How many deer do NOT get shot in hunting season becaus ethe people with guns looking for them couldn't find them?
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

freelancer2

• Valued Member
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013 12:10:36 PM »
Flyingifr, I assume that would also mean 'disinformation' would prevent them finding work information (where your real identity is needed)? I'm guessing that those running from debtors aren't 'corporatesque'.

Reading up on the Flyingifr Basics, I see that one could possibly change their account information with OC if never paying again was their goal.  Then, once it went to collections, they'd use the information OC supplied them, and try the DJ that way.

In such a case, putting yourself - through misinformation - into Texas (where only child support is garnishable) would keep you judgment proof, right?

Clydesmom66

• Valued Member
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013 01:11:09 PM »
Flyingifr, I assume that would also mean 'disinformation' would prevent them finding work information (where your real identity is needed)? I'm guessing that those running from debtors aren't 'corporatesque'.

Reading up on the Flyingifr Basics, I see that one could possibly change their account information with OC if never paying again was their goal.  Then, once it went to collections, they'd use the information OC supplied them, and try the DJ that way.

In such a case, putting yourself - through misinformation - into Texas (where only child support is garnishable) would keep you judgment proof, right?

While there are a handful of states that do not allow wage garnishment for civil debt, that does not preclude a creditor from garnishing a bank account or getting a lien to seize valuable property.  Hence the need for making one's self COLLECTION PROOF if a judgment is obtained.

Be VERY careful following advice from the internet! What worked for someone with thousands of posts on a message board may not work for YOU in your state.  Consult a lawyer when ever possible.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013 02:22:23 PM »

Texas
Guam
China
Vostok Station, Antarctica

What's the difference when it's disinformation? The goal is to have them looking for you where you are not, and not looking for you where you are.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013 02:23:46 PM by Admin3496 »

freelancer2

• Valued Member
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013 02:29:46 PM »
When it comes to 'dis', 'mis', or 're' information, my point was not only about changing account information.  My point is you DO have to tell employers SSN, DOB and address so you can get paid.  Now your employer knows your real name.  It wouldn't be too outlandish to assume that your new employer in Arizona (although you fictitiously live in Port-au-Prince) could very well you over.

Was just inquiring how 'piles of misguided information' protects you after the fact when the last piece of information on the list is actually legit.  Unless, of course, you are suggesting that after I get the job I apply for Macy's store credit online and send the card to Billings, MT while grabbing my new back account in Bangor - of which that would make sense (sandwiching information).

flacorps

• Valued Member
  • Author of Debt Hope in Trade Paperback
    • Learn to Solve Your Own Debt Problems
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013 04:44:23 PM »
There is something new on the horizon to worry about: "The Work Number" ... it's a service that 20,000 employers have signed up with so that their HR departments are not hassled with employment verification calls. Problem is, the collector doesn't have to know where you work, he just needs an SSN and a willingness to pay. Then he finds out where you work and how much you make. This sucks, no two ways about it.
"History has taught us that weakness is provocative. To the extent that people see an area of weakness, they will take advantage of it..." - Donald Rumsfeld

http://www.myhopeseries.com

flacorps

• Valued Member
  • Author of Debt Hope in Trade Paperback
    • Learn to Solve Your Own Debt Problems
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2013 02:33:36 AM »
The Work Number is an Equifax service, and under normal circumstances it shouldn't leak ... there should be no access for someone who isn't authorized by the actual employee to get the data ... however we know how leaky those companies can be. Money talks ... walks.
"History has taught us that weakness is provocative. To the extent that people see an area of weakness, they will take advantage of it..." - Donald Rumsfeld

http://www.myhopeseries.com

HeadsUp

• Valued Member
  • judgment proof
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013 09:58:28 PM »

A few questions, however, linger in regards to 'frustrating the skip tracer' completely because, hey, if skipping is really on your mind, going '<Removed> to the wall' is probably the best idea.

Pre-paid debit cards are nearly impossible for debt collectors to find.

So, yes, they can be garnished, but in most cases, they are so difficult for the debt collector to find that they are rarely ever garnished...

As for employment issues, if you can't afford to move to a garnishment free state like Texas, and if your income is not in the form of Social Security or disability payments from the feds, then you only have a few options...

A.  You might consider becoming self-employed.  Most debt collectors don't want to try to garnish a self-employed person.  It is very difficult.  For example, let's say you did plumbing for a living.  Your tools of the trade are usually exempt by your own state's rules.  If you let Home Depot store all of your inventory for you, and only go buy the necessary parts on the day you install them, there's nothing to seize.  Then when you get paid by the customer, you stand in line at the bank upon which the local check is written and you cash it. 

B.  Working temp jobs is another idea.  By the time they get your employer served with the stack of garnishment documents, you can just move on to a new employer, and they would have to start all over again.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013 12:47:45 PM by Admin3496 »
Finally a collector admits it...

"The reality is that there are people who can't pay and the job of an agency in my opinion is to separate those who can and those who cant and to not waste resources and efforts on those who cant." -- Dr. Evil.

All this nonsense about aggressive judgment enforcement against someone with no assets is just that-- utter nonsense.

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=13309.msg100303#msg100303

freelancer2

• Valued Member
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013 12:30:40 PM »
Guess that, in short, one could simply 'declare' Texas their state of residency (setting up addresses, of course, and announcing to the world you live there) yet, in essence, live in Arkansas and be just fine...

Great info - thank you!

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013 04:45:09 PM »
The problem with an organized campaign of disinformation is making sure that you don't put improper information in places where one can be accused of fraud.

It is one thing to lie in the hotel register, and quite another to lie on something where the exchange of things of value are involved.

And keep in mind...you may want to change your mind and come back to real life after you've sampled life in the lam for a while.  Unwinding all of the lies that you have created for yourself can be problematic and expensive.  And you'll have no one but yourself to blame!

...And you'll find those student loans there waiting for you.  They're worse than the college alumni association in terms of persistence and ingenuity.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013 04:49:38 PM by CleaningUp »