Author Topic: The 700 Club  (Read 6072 times)

wesaidso

• Suspended
Re: The 700 Club
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007 09:09:54 PM »
Darn cant get higher than the 699 club..... ::)
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

itsmeagain

• Valued Member
  • No Fear
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008 05:12:55 PM »
 :woohoo:

By Golly - WE'VE DONE IT !!!!

FICO's Today:
TransUnion    770
Equifax         740
Experian       710

I found this forum in August 2007.  My scores at that time were all in the low to mid 500's with a total of 24 baddies  Thanks to the Flyingifr method of credit repair; as of TODAY, 04/21/2008, my reports are all SPOTLESS and as you can see, the results are reflected in my scores.

I have learned a lot.  Some items fell off with just a single dispute, others were challenging to say the least.  But through perseverance and applying the principals learned here, the future looks much brighter.  I initially began this project because I want to purchase a house this year and now, I can expect to get a decent interest rate on the loan.

Many thanks to Flying, Smurfy, Rottie, Debtonator and all the others (yes, even you Dr. E.) for your timely responses to my newbie questions.

You are an inspiration to the "least sophisticated consumer" and I salute you one and all . . . .  :drinking:

I will continue to monitor this board and if the opportunity arises, will share my experiences and limited knowledge with others.

Best regards,

Itsmeagain

decamp

• Valued Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009 10:26:04 PM »
One down, two to go.

I just made it over the hump with a 736 on EQ, up from 603 a couple of months ago.

Amount of Debt = Very Good; Payment History = Great; Amount of New Credit = Bad; Length of Credit History = Not Good.

Like a moron, when I started this repair process (not long before finding DB) I applied for a bunch of credit and have 8 inquiries (some are over a year old though: poison-hits from JBDs) and only a couple of new accounts, all less than two months old. A credit analyst told me to call back in 6 months for a nice credit line provided I maintain my perfect payment history in the meantime.

TU is 680 atm, up from 587 in late July. There are no derogs on there now, but not all of my other good history is reporting to TU.

Exp is the lowest at 626 because I have that recently-twice-verified TL on there from 'ACP' - fictional CA I just posted about.

In attempt to get it off my report sooner, I'm going to dispute in writing to Exp that ACP has no legal assignment, and I have a document that backs that up - if they even look at enclosed documents, that is. Worth a shot anyway, I haven't yet disputed this one by mail so I'll cover that base.

One more thing weighing it down is that my report was merged with new info from my parents' reports - they took a default judgment. Disputed online but also called; the CSR on the phone agreed right away this was a mistake (I really need to get in the habit of recording all calls like this, just in case). I waited on the phone for 45 minutes for Special Handling to pick up but I had to go to work - properly disputing it to them in writing since I'm sending the other dispute anyway.

Hopefully in the coming months I'll be a fully-fledged 700-Club Member.  :drinking:

itsmeagain

• Valued Member
  • No Fear
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009 11:21:36 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS on your successes.  Keep up the good work.  Your story is encouraging to others who are just starting this journey.

Almost ALL the regulars here (myself included), took the path you have chosen.  We stumbled, fell, cursed and then got up and kept fighting the good fight until we made the 700 club.

But don't forget . . . . good credit is a continuing journey, not a destination.  Once your reports are clean, it will be a lifetime commitment to keep them that way.  Not necessarily fighting the CA monsters but controlling your OWN monsters to NEVER allow yourself to get in this situation again.

Best regards,

IMA . . . . .  :drinking:

decamp

• Valued Member
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009 04:17:53 PM »
But don't forget . . . . good credit is a continuing journey, not a destination.  Once your reports are clean, it will be a lifetime commitment to keep them that way.  Not necessarily fighting the CA monsters but controlling your OWN monsters to NEVER allow yourself to get in this situation again.

Thanks! Since finding DB here I have realized having a clean report requires constant diligence - that staying out of trouble yourself is not enough these days with all the 'monsters' out there throwing out TL's and seeing where it sticks.

Back in 2000 I had a crash course in credit stupidity, proctored by my own brother who conned me in "businesses." Wasn't business debt per se, he just had open accounts personally. Early 20's naivety, first time living in the big city, etc. Long story short, tens of thousands in shop charge accounts, plus a couple of vehicles. A Texaco card fed me with sandwiches from the cooler and cheetos for a month after he had no more use for me (I couldn't get more credit).

I never had the money to BK but I abstained from having anything to do with credit and debt for over 7 years. Literally went 'underground' off the grid.

I know there are some things out there that may make their way back, but with the knowledge I'll learn here and the fact of their very old age, I'll know how to handle them without letting it unjustly wreck my e-reputation today. I've abstained from credit long enough and have done the brain-work, learning budgeting and the difference between need and want, to learn how to avoid those problems from now on.

It's not the credit line waiting for me that matters so much as the fact that our credit reports are our public reputations today. The only thing I really need credit for is a vehicle, and a house someday. If I had sufficient income I'd pay cash for both. I'll never "live" on credit again.

Thanks for the hoorah - I'll be back with the other two reports in the near future  :drinking:

Pablo

• Valued Member
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009 03:57:29 AM »
Good job itsmeagain and Omni!  I'm happy with your success!   

Here's some details about mine: Total of 11 accounts, 2 closed and PIF, never late.  No CA, CO, etc.  No late or delinquencies.  Some good notes they have: low usage of available credit, paying on time (no delinquencies), two major credit cards.  A negative they note is there is no realty on the CR for me. 

As of 10-04-2009.
I just have the PLUS scores (I believe it's FAKO?):
EXP: 770 out of 830.
EFX: 774 out of 830.
TUN: 782 out of 830.

I'm sure I'd be over eight hundred if I had a mortgage loan being reported, right? :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009 04:07:11 AM by Pablo »
"Another day, another life / To feed with all that I call mine / Is what it takes, so I go out tonight / Shining lights of crossing cars / An open sky, a million stars / They open up my eyes and this is just because / I feel, I feel so alive"  ~ "Feel Alive" - ATB

credit