Author Topic: August Donations  (Read 150 times)

Admin0248

• Administrator
August Donations
« on: August 07, 2018 11:59:08 AM »
We need $150 to get us through to October and an additional $750 to get us through until the end of the year.

For those who have pledged money to help us run, we would appreciate if you could make your donations.

For those who have yet to donate, just click on the following link and follow the easy steps.  Donations large and small are more then welcome.

And remember, all donations to Debtorboards, a 501.c.3 charitable educational organization, are fully deductible from your taxes to the extent permitted by law.

Oklahoma Native

• Valued Member
Re: August Donations
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018 07:21:08 PM »
Donated $250 - you have helped me in times of need, thanks for keeping this forum alive.

Public Enemy

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018 09:46:53 PM »
That was very kind of you.  I wish I was able to help out.

Oklahoma Native

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018 03:50:03 AM »
wc.   3 Years back even I could not have afforded, but now I am back from the ashes - all thanks to this forum, if not for this forum, I would have to check myself into a rehab or would have died of some heart disease.

One input from trueq gave me the gist of what arbitration really is and how to face it- later through various interactions with bruno, admin, flyingifr, howyoucanto, kevin ... took on bigger debts and they just disappeared.

I remember a conversation with a lawyer in Houston back in 2014 December - where I had verbally agreed to hire him for $1200 where he was going to 'settle' my $4500 debt for $2000 and get the lawsuit thrown out (in his words).   And later in the afternoon with inputs  from trueq - I told the lawyer that I am not interested in signing up and later went on to fight even bigger debts by using multiple strategies - all thanks to this forum.   

I shudder and get depressed even to this date of my situation in 2014-2016, if not for this forum which is god sent.

Encourage everyone to donate whatever they can, if they can to keep this forum alive - to save the 99% from the 1%

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018 05:56:41 PM »
Note to the Admins - the $5 donations I make are from Barking Dog. The $100 was from me.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

tndebtor

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 08:26:25 PM »
Have you been receiving my monthly contributions.  It is debited from my account every month so thought I should make sur.

Also, did five other people step up and commit new recurring donations of at least $10 a month in February or March?  If they did, I said I would increase my monthly recurring donation to $50 but I have never heard if you received 5 new recurring donors.

tndebtor

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 08:40:20 PM »
Sorry, just saw that you did respond and that 5 new people did not commit to a recurring donation.  It is sad that a few select people are the ones supporting such a vital resource.  It is even more sad that people pledge and then fail to follow through on that commitment.

I just went online and have increased my monthly donation but it won’t take effect until next month since it comes out early in the month.

credit