Author Topic: RE: JDB pretending to be Toll Company  (Read 2285 times)

texagg

• Valued Member
RE: JDB pretending to be Toll Company
« on: November 30, 2017 05:13:16 PM »
I got a letter today from a JDB, inside an envelope proclaiming to be a Regional Toll Authority. There was no indication it was a JDB, just in bright red letter "Past Due Toll Bill". Inside was a letter about some alleged amount due.

So how do I being to get one of those $1,000 checks I have read here about?

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
Re: RE: JDB pretending to be Toll Company
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017 05:19:12 PM »
I got a letter today from a JDB, inside an envelope proclaiming to be a Regional Toll Authority. There was no indication it was a JDB, just in bright red letter "Past Due Toll Bill". Inside was a letter about some alleged amount due.

So how do I being to get one of those $1,000 checks I have read here about?

How do you know it's from a JDB?

texagg

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017 05:35:34 PM »
The letter is referencing an "original account" and "our account" in the letter. I will scan and upload in a bit.

texagg

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017 06:14:37 PM »
Here are the letter and the envelope.

Clydesmom66

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017 06:37:50 PM »
Here are the letter and the envelope.

Neither are displaying for me.
Be VERY careful following advice from the internet! What worked for someone with thousands of posts on a message board may not work for YOU in your state.  Consult a lawyer when ever possible.

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017 07:01:42 PM »
You said there's no indication the letter was sent by a JDB, but LVNV Funding is a JDB.

What would the Camino Regional Authority have to do with Regional Finance Corporation?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017 07:13:02 PM by BellEbutton »

texagg

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017 07:27:39 PM »
Neither are displaying for me.

Try right-click, display in new tab. They are just PNG graphic files.

texagg

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017 07:32:27 PM »
You said there's no indication the letter was sent by a JDB, but LVNV Funding is a JDB.

What would the Camino Regional Authority have to do with Regional Finance Corporation?

Absolutely nothing as far I know. Which is my I am wondering why they are using their name. A scare tactic perhaps?

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017 07:41:48 PM »
It appears to be sent by a law firm/collection agency on behalf of LVNV, the current owner of the account.

As for the original account, from the quick research that I did, Camino Real appears to be a management company hire to administer certain public works.  And if I recall, there is a privately owned toll road between Dallas and Fort Worth.  It could be that they are the de facto operators of the toll way and are authorized to collect on toll owed by people using the road.

OP needs to do some more research before drawing conclusions.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017 07:49:35 PM »
$1400.00 for tolls? Are they kidding? You could drive through every toll booth in the country and not rack that much up in tolls, much less stay in Texas. I would think THAT would be the first argument. Is this the first you hear of this? If so, there is a definite possibility that someone is driving around through toll booths with your license plates. You do know that a license plate can be changed so that it would fool the readers by using simple electrical tape?
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

Jersey No Neck

• Valued Member
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017 07:53:51 PM »
$1400.00 for tolls? Are they kidding? You could drive through every toll booth in the country and not rack that much up in tolls, much less stay in Texas. I would think THAT would be the first argument. Is this the first you hear of this? If so, there is a definite possibility that someone is driving around through toll booths with your license plates. You do know that a license plate can be changed so that it would fool the readers by using simple electrical tape?

You have never been to NJ, have you?   :vbrofl:

texagg

• Valued Member
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017 07:56:33 PM »
It appears to be sent by a law firm/collection agency on behalf of LVNV, the current owner of the account.

As for the original account, from the quick research that I did, Camino Real appears to be a management company hire to administer certain public works.  And if I recall, there is a privately owned toll road between Dallas and Fort Worth.  It could be that they are the de facto operators of the toll way and are authorized to collect on toll owed by people using the road.

OP needs to do some more research before drawing conclusions.

The Original Credit is Regional Finance Corp of Texas (RFC). Nothing to do with Texas Tolls. The authentic Camino Real RMA is also based in El Paso.

I would propose that this letter is a violation of

15 U.S. Code 1692e (1), as Camino Real RMA is a political subdivision of the State of Texas, and has nothing to do with RFC.  Scott & Assoc. is falsely representing that this letter is from, or on behalf of Camino Real RMA.

Comments and recommendation welcome.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017 07:57:40 PM »
You have never been to NJ, have you?   :vbrofl:

I was born in NYC so I am familiar with NJ. I drove from Maine to Florida and went the total length of the NJ Turnpike. I  drove from Ft Lee to Atlantic City - almost the entire length of the Garden State Parkway. The GW Bridge is what - $8?
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017 09:16:38 PM »
The Original Credit is Regional Finance Corp of Texas (RFC). Nothing to do with Texas Tolls. The authentic Camino Real RMA is also based in El Paso.

I would propose that this letter is a violation of

15 U.S. Code 1692e (1), as Camino Real RMA is a political subdivision of the State of Texas, and has nothing to do with RFC.  Scott & Assoc. is falsely representing that this letter is from, or on behalf of Camino Real RMA.

Comments and recommendation welcome.

Call a consumer attorney.

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017 09:39:26 PM »
George Washington Bridge toll is $15 bucks for cash these days.

Driving the NY Thruway gets expensive, too.

One of the tolls in the Dallas/Fort Worth area is $2.69 for a Zip Cash charge.  It would only take someone about 2.2 years of daily driving to rack up $1400.