Author Topic: New here! Looking for specific info  (Read 773 times)

WeWillFight

• Valued Member
New here! Looking for specific info
« on: November 28, 2017 02:25:25 PM »
Hi! As my name suggests, I am hoping to raise awareness of possibly one of the largest creditors out there with known deceptive collection practices and a practical monopoly on the department store markets. I am referring to Synchrony Bank. If you have ever had issues/dealings with them, I'd like to hear from you, as I feel like collectively, we may have a case here. Let me know if they have ever disguised an ordinary statement to look like a collections/first class letter, sent communications via registered mail so they are held at your Post Office, etc. I am looking for other people that have been through the ringer with this company and I would like to hear your stories. Thanks and I am happy to be a member here :) 

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
Re: New here! Looking for specific info
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017 05:08:46 PM »
Are you an attorney or a consumer?

You may want to offer more information such as which statutes you believe the company has violated.

kevinmanheim

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017 08:24:01 PM »
There is no law preventing them from sending a statement in a holiday card envelope, if that's how they choose to mail it.

There is nothing deceptive about a tricky envelope or mailing procedure.

As long as the envelope is delivered to you, and the contents are concealed, the OC can do what you claim.

Jersey No Neck

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017 10:40:56 PM »
Synchrony Bank is a dirty company to deal with.  They play games like holding check or mo payments past due dates (happened to me more then once with them) and other dirty collection practices such as calling to sound like a law firm.

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017 11:30:09 PM »
Much of what you see from Synchrony is the bureaucracy attendant to sending payments to a PO Box.  And the problem that the consumer has is that they can get away with it.

"Dirty tricks" need to be documented as a complaint to the Consumer Finance Protection Board.

credit