Author Topic: ACS?  (Read 973 times)

Jersey No Neck

• Valued Member
ACS?
« on: September 27, 2017 11:54:40 PM »
Received a call from a blocked number yesterday, my son and daughter also received a call.  The caller left a message on both my phone, my daughters phone and my son did answer they asked for me and he told them no one here by that name. 

The message went something to the effect of "you have a pending case against you and the case number is #&$^, we will inform the county clerk in your jurisdiction if you are helping us or refusing to help us with this matter we will be sending a process server to your home by end of business today unless you call this number 844 758 9006."

So I said <Removed>, I called the number and the guy on the other end asked me to confirm my last 4 of social which he read off to me, then he asked for my DOB which I gave him my month and year only. 

He then told me there was a debt against me from Comenity Bank for a private store card which he did have the name for,  the balance he gave me was really high as it was originally a 300 debt.  He told me there would be a process server coming to my home unless I made arrangements to pay today.

At that point I told him he was <Removed> that in my state we don't send process servers that it goes to small claims and the court sends the paper work he then told me good luck getting sued and hung up.

I think that it was a debt that was sold by Comenity back in 2015 as I was dealing with another collector back in April of this year on the same debt which they couldn't get me on so they must have sold it.

I'm not to worried about it as once he said process server I knew he was <REMOVED> and then with the phone message which my daughter and I both saved on our phones, that if they do try anything I will let my very good consumer lawyer handle it. 

Should I be worried? 

Oh and company is ACS, now lots of collection companys go by ACS but this one doesn't sound legit and there is no good info out there on them.  Anyone know of them?

Admin Note:   Full of :tos: violations
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017 01:40:33 AM by Admin0248 »

nobk4me

• Valued Member
Re: ACS?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017 12:21:41 AM »
Most likely a scam.  This problem is only going to get worse with the Equifax breach.
Molon labe

Judgment Proof!

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017 02:30:40 AM »
Jersey - did you record that conversation? If the Process server hasn't served you by midnight you have a FDCPA violation to sue THEM over.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

Jersey No Neck

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017 03:25:51 PM »
My daughter and I both saved the voice messages they left and those alone have several violations in them.  As for the address, I did all I could to look them up and even called a few other collections called ACS (which by the way these companies were very professional and made it a point it was not them) and can not find them.  The call back number they gave 844 758 9006 does not come up with anything either.  I says in one report it is a location in Fla but is a fake as there is a restaurant connect to the address it gives.

Also, I am guessing that if I was to agree to payment they would want some sort of toss away debt card. 

I don't think the CIA would be able to find these guys.

That's why I'm not really worried about it, but I would love to had it over to my lawyer.

Clydesmom66

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017 04:16:49 PM »
My daughter and I both saved the voice messages they left and those alone have several violations in them.  As for the address, I did all I could to look them up and even called a few other collections called ACS (which by the way these companies were very professional and made it a point it was not them) and can not find them.  The call back number they gave 844 758 9006 does not come up with anything either.  I says in one report it is a location in Fla but is a fake as there is a restaurant connect to the address it gives.

Also, I am guessing that if I was to agree to payment they would want some sort of toss away debt card. 

I don't think the CIA would be able to find these guys.

That's why I'm not really worried about it, but I would love to had it over to my lawyer.

You are chasing a phantom.  If this were an actual business then yes you have violations.  Even a seasoned consumer attorney is not going to chase this ghost.  More than likely they are not even in this country.  They use spoofed numbers or prepaid burner cell phones.  If there is an address in this country it is a mail drop box. 

The criminals some how phished enough of your data from the internet or bought it outright to be able to convince you they are legit and scare you into paying.  They use the same or similar name to a legitimate business so that when/if you do Google search it you are further convinced they are for real and pay them.  The amount is always between $400-800 and had you discussed HOW to pay it would have been by prepaid debit/credit card or wire transfer.  The money can be picked up anywhere in the world and is untraceable.

If they call again tell them to drop dead.  I would let them know you know it is a scam and you have notified friends and family and none of you will be scared into paying.  They will move on to another potential target.
Be VERY careful following advice from the internet! What worked for someone with thousands of posts on a message board may not work for YOU in your state.  Consult a lawyer when ever possible.

Jersey No Neck

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017 06:23:17 PM »
I do not sleep well at night but it's not because of this.