Author Topic: Cruise line TCPA settlement  (Read 758 times)

kevinmanheim

• Valued Member
Cruise line TCPA settlement
« on: August 16, 2017 12:01:41 PM »
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article167331957.html

A class-action lawsuit against those cruise lines and Resort Marketing Group means you might get between $300 to $900 for the calls.

rebuilder2006

• Valued Member
Re: Cruise line TCPA settlement
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017 10:03:59 PM »
Anyone else find it "ironic", since this is a TCPA lawsuit, that you have to input your telephone number in order to see if you qualify for the $300-$900?

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
  • They forced arbitration into your contract. Use it
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017 12:31:18 AM »
Anyone else find it "ironic", since this is a TCPA lawsuit, that you have to input your telephone number in order to see if you qualify for the $300-$900?

Because they are matching your phone number with their log of calls made with the autodialer to see if you are eligible as part of the class action.  It doesn't have to be your current number any more, but if it is a number you had between July 2009 and March 2014 you can enter it to see if you are part of the class.
11 Arb Settlements (9 AAA, 2 JAMS)
3 JDB Suits Dismissed With Prejudice (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
3 TCPA Settlements (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
2 FCRA Settlements (consumer atty)
1 FDCPA Settlement (w consumer atty)
1 Small Claims Win (pro-se; Landlord/state consumer law violations)
1 State UDAP Settlement (ITS)
1 Federal PTC Settlement (before hearing; pro-se)

rebuilder2006

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017 02:11:07 AM »
Because they are matching your phone number with their log of calls made with the autodialer to see if you are eligible as part of the class action.  It doesn't have to be your current number any more, but if it is a number you had between July 2009 and March 2014 you can enter it to see if you are part of the class.

Oh, I know why they do it.

I just find it ironic.

Since, under FCC guidance, the giving of your telephone number grants whomever permission to call you with an autodailer, etc.

It was tongue and cheek :)

trueq

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017 07:55:43 PM »
My phone numbers came up nada.   however, my church hit the "jackpot".   filed a claim on behalf of the church.
My free speech is not legal advice.  If you need legal advice, you need to talk to a lawyer.

Litigation Defense record
Arbitration record:   9 wins * 0 loses
Court Record:         2 wins * 2 judgments (1 of the 2 judgments has been vacated, other judgment upheld on appeal, marked "satisfied", because I wrote a check.)

The one bank that beat me in court, I now have a $2200 limit credit card from them again.
Redemption is always possible.

Moonshine Maker

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017 02:46:23 AM »
Thanks true mine did not but my wife's did.